Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Vortex

Old 03-24-2008, 07:05 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Vortex

ORIGINAL: KLS

just out of curiousity is it possible to swap a standard stock on a pheonix with a thumbhole stock? from what I understand most excal parts are the same and/or interchange but I'm not sure about the standard/thumbhole stocks...

if it is possible does anyone know where a guy could buy a stock and what they run?
Nope!
Old 03-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: KLS

just out of curiousity is it possible to swap a standard stock on a pheonix with a thumbhole stock? from what I understand most excal parts are the same and/or interchange but I'm not sure about the standard/thumbhole stocks...

if it is possible does anyone know where a guy could buy a stock and what they run?
Don's right, the thumbholes don't interchange w/ pistol grip standards. Your only alternative that I'm aware of is a Mark henegar custom and rthink he's booked pretty solid but don't know. I've had two of his pass through my hands, they are worth the money, imho. Start out about $225 for a pistol grip and $300 for a thumbhole if I recall right and it's been a year or three. They show up on Excal Trading Post once in a while.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dang guys! Now I have to get an STS for my Vortex....lol

chris
Old 03-26-2008, 11:21 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

DNK, congrats on getting the Vortex, shorter better balance. sounds great and by the way you need all the help you can get!

That all black Vixen is the cats meow! Fanastic, i am glad.
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm ................. I wonder what Mike is trying to say there Don. . UMMMMMMMMMM what help are you requiring

Sorry Don but I just could not resist that. But honestly, the balance of the bow is, it me, the most important fact other then reliability. This is why I have always found that the compound models to not be to my liking as their balance is off for me (too front heavy). I have never agreeded with the most power/the best theory like some people do, mostly because more power usually means more weight being leveraged out further from your body, which to me, is more uncomfortable.

Pretty soon Don you will have more bows then Digger
Old 03-26-2008, 11:28 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

DNK, congrats on getting the Vortex, shorter better balance. sounds great and by the way you need all the help you can get!

That all black Vixen is the cats meow! Fanastic, i am glad.
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm ................. I wonder what Mike is trying to say there Don. . UMMMMMMMMMM what help are you requiring

Sorry Don but I just could not resist that. But honestly, the balance of the bow is, it me, the most important fact other then reliability. This is why I have always found that the compound models to not be to my liking as their balance is off for me (too front heavy). I have never agreeded with the most power/the best theory like some people do, mostly because more power usually means more weight being leveraged out further from your body, which to me, is more uncomfortable.

Pretty soon Don you will have more bows then Digger
Tom, that ain't possible!
Old 03-26-2008, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Tom, that ain't possible!
Don .................

1 + 1 = 2
+ 1 = 3
+ 2 = 4

and so on .............. until you get up to and over what Digger owns. Never say that it isn't possible, cause you could make it so! .... Just ask Dan, I did make it to see him, correct.

Just having some fun anyway, a man never has enough toys, espically if they are hunting equipment.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Are you kidding Doug just bought a brand new (in the box) original Relayer. I can't keep up, no way. Don't encourage me Tom!
Old 03-26-2008, 09:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

These may a good addition to the ExoMax at 225#, I think I am going to get some...