Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 the excal string.. >

the excal string..

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

the excal string..

Old 03-02-2008, 08:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: the excal string..

ORIGINAL: milenovski123

Sry for too much post's! I can only upload 1pic. at 1 msg ...

*string twisted in wrong direction.
I have several "BOO" strings Don gave me for free for doing tesats for him. I will give you one of his FFF's for free just pm me an addy.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:55 AM
Fork Horn

Why go through the headache of trying to reserve yourself. Leave it to a professional. Just buy a quality string from DNK. Then you don't have to worry any longer.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:06 AM

Tnx too awshucks! great man, who sent me the "FFF" string in EU for free, he even paid the shipping
What els should i say, tnx again! Im very glad, about what he done!!!
*Anyway the string, i think is awsome ...i shot few times jesterday, i can fell "more punch"...the older string was "more obese" i waxed it too many times...with FFF string jesterday arrows flew more higher after every shoot, becuase there was too many wax on tracks. At the begining i had few probblems with accuracy-coking the bow with "coking kit", becuase the string is way more "thiny" than older string...but than i figured out, how too ...On the photos you also can see the Absorber V-Bar from Mathias! Very good way how too losse much vabration. Anyway shooting now became a way more fun.

*Tnx too awshucks and mathias again!

Best Regrads Milan.
Old 03-16-2008, 06:06 AM

Old 03-16-2008, 06:07 AM

Old 03-16-2008, 06:07 AM

Old 03-16-2008, 06:08 AM

*Sry for too much post's ...

Milan.
Old 03-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Spike

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2005725&mpage=1

Its really ez to do it yourself, You must stretch the string tight and the instructions above are great. I use a ratchet strap to do mine, You can do a search for material, Halo serving is best but I am useing regular serving and get around 200 shots maybe more never counted.

Good luck, Stosh
Old 03-16-2008, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

not to get off the excal string,but my horton string was done at about 80 shots.

the new factory string seems to be tougher looking.

anyone know where you can get abetter string/ serving than the factory/ servingon horton?
Old 03-24-2008, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: milenovski123

Tnx too awshucks! great man, who sent me the "FFF" string in EU for free, he even paid the shipping
What els should i say, tnx again! Im very glad, about what he done!!!
*Anyway the string, i think is awsome ...i shot few times jesterday, i can fell "more punch"...the older string was "more obese" i waxed it too many times...with FFF string jesterday arrows flew more higher after every shoot, becuase there was too many wax on tracks. At the begining i had few probblems with accuracy-coking the bow with "coking kit", becuase the string is way more "thiny" than older string...but than i figured out, how too ...On the photos you also can see the Absorber V-Bar from Mathias! Very good way how too losse much vabration. Anyway shooting now became a way more fun.

*Tnx too awshucks and mathias again!

Best Regrads Milan.
You're quite welcome. However, I want to give the credit where it is due, and that's not w/ me this time, lol. Don [Dnk] has given me literally hundreds of dollars worth of his strings in return for a few hrs of chrony tests. When I've asked him if I should send them back to him, his constant relpy is "send them on to who[m]ever". That's how you got your free string, due to his generosity and less than $2.00 postage for me, had that much fun watching the post office people try to figure out where your countryt is at, lol.

Iused to shoot 1st factory FFF's exclusivly and then Don's. Once he got me to try the ones he makes w/ Excel and the served on cat whiskers that only cost me 8 fps over the former, I've become a believer and have changed my tune, lol.