Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Limbsaver Crossbow >

Limbsaver Crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Limbsaver Crossbow

Old 01-20-2008, 08:05 AM
Fork Horn

Default Limbsaver Crossbow

Sims Vibration Labs is going to introduce their own compound bow as well as a crossbow this fall.
Anyone on here had a sneak peak at one of these?

xbowbarry
Old 01-20-2008, 08:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Limbsaver Crossbow

I saw the new Limbsaver bow at the ATA show. Very nice and very quiet. I did not hear one word about them coming out with a crossbow though. I may be wrong, but I would think that they would wait at least a year before doing a crossbow just to get their compound firmly on the market. One issue is that the bow is a dealer only bow, kinda like a Mathews, which means that if they do come out with a crossbow, it will only be available thru compound dealers primarily so that will give all the crossbow consumers dissinterested and unknowlagable salespeople to deal with. Sorry, one of my pet peaves. I hear way too much about crossbow customers having to deal with the "OH, the crossbows are over their, help yourself" attitudes from the "pro shops".

Wyvern
Old 01-20-2008, 09:47 AM
Fork Horn

Found this at http://blog.kingsoutdoorworld.com/2007/07/11/limbsavers-new-bow/

I recently did an interview with Limbsaver (Sims Vibration Laboratory) President and Founder Steven Sims. This interview will be published in our upcoming Aug/Sept 2007 issue of Hunting Illustrated. Some exciting news coming out of Limbsaver as Steven told me about their new bow they will be releasing this fall. Here is a short excerpt from that interview:

[blockquote]
We’ve wanted to do a bow for five years. We have the technology that can truly bring archery to the next level. We will produce several different lines of bows. We are starting out with an upper-end type of bow and then moving out into a totally new technology. We are not only going with a compound bow, but also with the crossbow market as well. In October we will be shipping out our first bows, but the main push will be next year at the ATA Show.

xbowbarry
[/blockquote]
Old 01-21-2008, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

I emailed Sims Vibration Labs asking when a crossbow may be available. Here is the reply:

Hi Barry,

I’m sorry but at this time we have no plans to build a crossbow in the near future. The compound bow has us with our hands full right now, once we clean things up we may want to add it to the list.

Thanks,

Scott Eastman
Vice President of Sales & Product Development

One says yes and one says no. No problem, me and my Excal work just fine.

xbowbarry

[/align]
Old 01-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: xbowbarry

I emailed Sims Vibration Labs asking when a croosbow may be available. Here is the reply:

Hi Barry,

I’m sorry but at this time we have no plans to build a crossbow in the near future. The compound bow has us with our hands full right now, once we clean things up we may want to add it to the list.

Thanks,

Scott Eastman
Vice President of Sales & Product Development

One says yes and one says no. No problem, me and my Excal work just fine.

xbowbarry

[/align]
"One says yes and one says no. No problem, me and my Excal work just fine."
Gotta love watching these companies re-invent the wheel, no pun intended, lol. I'm particularly fascinated by the fad du juor of backwards limbs like doors on a '32 Pckard or something, lol. I'd rather have one of Wyverns REAL xbows and will ask him if I can order one once I get this Y25 Relayer paid for.