Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 OT What is a "bullseye shoot"? >

OT What is a "bullseye shoot"?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

OT What is a "bullseye shoot"?

Old 01-11-2008, 03:29 PM
Typical Buck

Default OT What is a "bullseye shoot"?

Firearm related, a range actually..
When there is a bullseye shoot what is it? Skipping the obvious, is it a timed event?
Old 01-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: OT What is a "bullseye shoot"?

That's where a group of guys get together with their bows and a target with a bullseye on it and shoot at it. One is elimiated as the bullseye is missed and the last one hitting the bullseye is the winner. The bullseye sometimes gets farther away as the shoot progresses. That's how we bullseye shoot here in NC.
BBO
Old 01-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Bullseye is a general term for a timed event shooting at you know what. Some guys are bullseye shooters some guys are IPSC, some are PPC etc.
Old 01-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Too me its hitting a target on centerat any givin distance.....
Old 01-11-2008, 09:33 PM

I have seen some where they set a target up at a good distance with a small bullseye on it. Then you pay for each shot you take. First guy to get a bullseye gets the pot. At least thats the one I am thinking of and have been called, could be something else though.
Old 01-12-2008, 06:46 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks guys, I guess I could have been more specific..
I ask because the club I just joined is having a bulls eye shoot next week in the indoor range (For some reason I assumed is was .22), I want to enter my son into the contest but if is a timed event he will not be able to participate, his accuracy is competitive, but he shoots a single shot bolt and that would eliminate him from any "timed" events.
I will have to find someone at the club for details, the last 6 times I have been there in the past 2 days it has been pretty barren.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:52 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

I think(key word there... )that a bullseye shoot is where you have a large group of targets set up in groups at various distances and a certain amount of ammo and you try to hit as many bullseyes as you can in the shortest amount of time, I dont think its a timed event like you have a certain time frame to do it in but rather that your timed as to how long it takes you to do it

but I really have no idea, I watchvarious shooting eventson tv once in a while but my knowledge of those kinds of events is very limited so I could very well be way off in my way of thinking... or guessing would probably be a better word...
Old 01-12-2008, 09:19 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

just out of curiousity I did a quick online search after I posted and surprisingly didnt find a whole lot of info on "bullseye shoot(ing)", the most informative thing I found in just the few minutes I looked was this...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullseye_(shooting_competition)

if this is the same then it looks like I waswrong in a couple areas, andit does appear to be a timed event...
Old 01-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Typical Buck

I went to the range today for a bit this morning, turns out after all that, it is hand guns.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

I went to the range today for a bit this morning, turns out after all that, it is hand guns.
That's right. Slow fire is usually the name of that game but sometime they also shoot rapid fire and duello. some times it is a combo of all three for a composite score. (Duello is where the targets turn for a second or two.) Then there is PPC, IPSC, Action and or Cowboy shoots. Rifle I think has bench rest, silhoutetta, biathelon, high power, running boar, small bore, action or Cowboy, assult rifle, sniper courses. There's a ton of different rifle matches but much less handgun but bullseye is always piston.
Wednesday is Club night at my handgun club and there's always a bullseye match going on.