Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 new exocet in route!! >

new exocet in route!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

new exocet in route!!

Old 01-10-2008, 03:27 PM
Spike

Default new exocet in route!!

i won a exocet on ebay today bare bow 355.00>385.00 TMD i'm stoked got to have the real deal, my stealth x-2 has a partner, what can i expect from her and how different of a feel bow is it compared to my tenpoint???speedball...............
Old 01-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: new exocet in route!!

Congrats! Great news indeed!
I can't tell you how it will compare to your other bow, but I will say you are in for a real treat, you just bought the nicest bow out there as far as I am concerned.
Old 01-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Spike

thanks Pydpiper, i've waited along time for this, i take it you own an exocet also?, if so what arrow combo do you shoot out of it?
Old 01-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations Speedball! You are going have a ............ball!
Old 01-10-2008, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats...
Old 01-10-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats, that's a steal! Pydpiper is shooting "Millers Killers" GT's like Danny Milller advises, brass inserts 431 gr total w/ 4" vanes. Ironically, this is nearly the same arrow as 10 pt Elites[?]were a while back, think theirs is a few gr lighter due to plastic nocks vs alum. You may already have some for the 10 pt? Can't go wrong w/ either arrow or either bow!
Old 01-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Typical Buck

I use the Gold Tip II, brass inserts and 2" Blazer vanes. That doesn't mean it will work well for you, but most who try that combo are very happy with it.
Yes, I shoot the identical bow.
I would suggest the Lumi-Zone or Vari-zone on top of it, it makes for an unbeatable combination.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:18 PM
Spike

yeah i'll try the GT II's with the blazers have not tried the blazers yet still stuck on 4" feathers, i shoot 2216's off my stealth w/4" feathers and 125 grain up front 431 grains total, off the tenpoint 125 slicks fly like darts, i shot a nice 11 point last year with an elite shaft at 2 yards, it was a pass-through and the shaft broke and left the last 6"in the buck, wierd huh? the excal will probably be called my daughters cause she likes the weight savings of the bow, but its my new toy!!!!, does anyone here know "Greywolf "from the excal site, i heard he makes real nice bolts to sell that are wraped and 2" Blazers,saw some once i was drooling, i know i gotta get a groundponder quiver mount and a BOO string toop.s pydpiper your exactly right about the varizone-lumizone choice, just gotta get wound up again and spend my penny's,speed............
Old 01-10-2008, 06:19 PM

You will be happy!! They are giving good advice, follow it and keep us up to date!!
Old 01-10-2008, 06:23 PM
Spike

thanks hotburn we here in ohio love crossbows all different makes and models, Findlay,?? by Toledo?? i'm by Ravenna,speed.............

Quick Reply: new exocet in route!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.