Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 new exocet in route!! >

new exocet in route!!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

new exocet in route!!

Old 01-11-2008, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: new exocet in route!!

I keep my brace height at 1 1/8", I used to check it about every 30 seconds or so while shooting, the Boo string has eliminated the "what if" part of that, I no longer check it as often.
Here is how to check it, and another photo of the 200 with a GP mount, this one must be old, I havn't used 4" vanes for a while.

Old 01-11-2008, 12:45 PM
Spike

o.k. i'm starting to get it now thanks pydpiper, yeah Boo its an expensive stove but i have this theory that you buy it once and have it for life kinda thing, hence going with the exocet buy it once for life!!!! that thing puts out the heat too!! How do i go about getting one of your strings Boo?? majority says there awesome i think that aught to be my first accessory,speed...........
Old 01-11-2008, 05:20 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Just send an email for a string.
I have the same stove as you do. It's slow in starting and I usually use the dust pan door to start the sucker but once it is started it is amazing, especially for it's size. Yup, it will be a family heirloom.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I keep my brace height at 1 1/8", I used to check it about every 30 seconds or so while shooting, the Boo string has eliminated the "what if" part of that, I no longer check it as often.
Sounds like my experience! I've found all my Excaliburs I've owned did best right at 1 1/8" brace height.
As for Boo's string I put my first one onearly inhunting seasonand checked it daily (target shooting and hunting, so it got a few shots every day) for two or three weeks before I finally got to give it a couple twists to shorten it. Haven't had to adjust it since. (a couple months now!)
Old 01-12-2008, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

The main difference between the CB's other than looks and designs. Its the wt. and balance, thats what really make people choose one or the the other, the feel of it!
Old 01-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Spike

i started using xbows for real 2 years ago cause i have tennis elbow in both elbows from my job, i'm a baker have been for 22 years so its gonna get worse, i'm selling the vert bow bowtech patriot if ya know anyone thats interested, it will be a real bargain too!! speed............