Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Question

Old 01-07-2008, 09:17 AM
Fork Horn

Default Question

I have a Horton Yukon andI was wondering if anyone has ever used or killed anything with this crossbow? Also i was wondering how do you you sight it I have a red dot on it and I dont know if you can bore sight it because right now its going everywhere, so some help thanks
Old 01-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Question

not enough info to help you. What arrows,nock type and tips are you shooting? Are you using a rope cocker to cock it? They center the string every shot, which is critical to accuracy. If you don't have one, you can mark the string by the rail on each side, then check to make sure the marks are even when it's cocked. Once you get golf ball sized groups at 20 yds w/ field points and go to bheads the real fun starts, lol.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:29 PM

I will second Awshucks, more info is needed. I use a Horton Yukon and it can be an effective crossbow. I get good groups out to 40 yards (haven't tried any further) using an Excal Lumizone. I use a rope cocker and the Lightning Strike arrows. The arrow recommended for your bow, the Horton LS2,is no longer made.

The first issue you need to decide is if you are going to use the Dial-a-Range feature. If so, your owner's manual andthe Horton website have detailed instructions on how to use it.

Personally, I think the Dial-a-Range is a POS, so I disabled it. I love the graduated crosshairs on the Lumizone.
Old 01-08-2008, 08:55 AM
Fork Horn

I use a rope cocker,I bought 2 barker bolts yesterday, I used to use hortons carbon but two of them broke whenI was practicing so they where not that good, Now I lost my manual How do you use the Dial-A-Range? to me I thinkI wouldnt trust that dial a range thing but thats just me.I use a walther red dot on it. But I finally got it accurate last night took me for ever
Old 01-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I believe each number represents 10 yds. Theoretically, if you have it on "2" and sight your red dot in at 20 yds, you should be able to turn it to "3" and be on at 30 yds. If you disable the D-A-R and put an Excal V-zone on it, you will see a whole new world, lol. Dead on from 10-50 yds.
Old 01-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Fork Horn

I'm going ot try that v-zone, How can you keep your crossbow from jumping when you shoot?
Old 01-08-2008, 10:04 AM

Could have been some bad arrows, or you could have been doing something that you unknowingly corrected. The front pivot screw has been know to come loose on them and affect accuracy, but not make them go all over the place. The D-A-R is one thing most all Horton owners dislike. If Horton see something in them we don't then they need to educate people more on them. He is some info on setting it up, but most leave it on one or two setting and never mess with it.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:05 AM

Page Nine.