Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Stryker crsoobow? >

Stryker crsoobow?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Stryker crsoobow?

Old 01-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Stryker crsoobow?

There were some problems when the Stryker first came out but I haven't heard of any lately.
I love the looks, features, and speed of the Stryker.
While 405 fps may seem fast to some, it is still dead slow compared to any firearm.
It's muchslower than an air rifle as one guy pointed out on another site to put it in perspective.
The main advantage of the Stryker, hunting wise, is that it will blow thru both shoulders of a deer making for better recovery if your shot should be off.
To me, that makes the Stryker a more humane killer than other crossbows or compounds.
Of course, I'm talking the same hunting distances as those other weapons.
Not 60 to 80 yard shots !

Sag.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:57 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

comparing a bow and/or its projectileto any kind of afirearm is kind of pointessto me, and even a little silly...

I dont mind strykers but Idont see the need for all that speed myself, I could push the technological advancment of my lawnmover until it puts out 200+ horse power too, but whats the point, all itis is unneeded overkill just to mow my grass...and the mover I have does as good a job as canphysically be done now...
in the same regaurd, the crossbow I have now does the job just as good as anything aroundthats faster/more powerful, probably better...

I see this high power/speed has a disadvantage actually, an arrow is actually a very un-efficient projectile and the faster/more violent you release it and force it through the air the more erratic its flight, I'd think that setup would be very unforgiving and that to be able to keep goodaccuracy thebow/arrowsetup would have to be spot-on

IMO all this "high speed" in crossbows is more or less just a fad, and has alot more to do with the male egoand having to have to fastest, most powerful thing out than having any real advantage in the hunting world...

I'm big into motorcycles and I see the same thing in the motorcycle world... every kid around thinks he has to buythe fastest, most powerful bike just to have it, wether its actaully better or not, or wether he can even use it or not is pointless,its all about owning the "badest"...

just my opinion anyway...
Old 01-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I also have a 07 softail delux thats not in this pic......I like my HD's....
Old 01-05-2008, 03:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is that a puddle of oil under that far one or just a shadow? lolol
Old 01-05-2008, 04:21 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Is that a puddle of oil under that far one or just a shadow? lolol
LOL, thats just the chain oiler...

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

I also have a 07 softail delux thats not in this pic......I like my HD's....

I'm more into the sportbike and dirtbike scene myself but I like harley's too, in fact I pretty much like any motorcyle and/or style of riding, in fact alot of guys I ride with ride harley's

I've actually been looking at getting a bike just to cruise around on, unfortunately I'm getting older and my desire to have to ride wheelies and do burnouts everywhere I go is started to lighten up a little... I'm finding theres alot of times that I just what to go out for a comfortable ride and that sportbike just isnt the answer for that, especially after messing my wrist up, its kind of hard to ride it for any length of time anymore

this is me and a buddy of mine a few years ago sitting infront of my house waiting for a few other guys to show up for a"spring" ride... I'm the one on the blue bike, and yes, that is snow on the ground...

Old 01-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The 80 fltis inclosed chain(1 and only)Bought it in 83......all shovels like to mark thier spot it keeps the rif raf out...........
I think the hyabusa(spl) is a awsome bike,but I would get hurt....I like to putt...........

Here is another 7 1/2 year project......pic to be added..... still needs intioror and some dash wireing fixed...me and wirering dont go hand in hand.[:@].....its a runner....
Old 01-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 01-05-2008, 06:19 PM

James, after seeing all or your toys I am throughly convinced you have to be married to a very sweet sugar mama!! You have way to many toys!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

We did well in our younger days....not that Iam that old or anything......And YES my wife is very very very understanding........

Jason here is the pick of the garage I built this summer with basiclly one good arm,the only thing I didnt do was shingels and trim..
Old 01-05-2008, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Quick Reply: Stryker crsoobow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.