Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Stryker crsoobow? >

Stryker crsoobow?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Stryker crsoobow?

Old 01-02-2008, 06:44 PM

Default RE: Stryker crsoobow?

60 yards?
wat does Imho mean?
Old 01-02-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11

60 yards?
wat does Imho mean?
60 yds=180'
Imho= In my humble opinion
Rotflmao= Rolling on the floor laughing my a$$ off

here's list of common internet abbreviations:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/n.rieck/docs/Internet-Acronyms.html
Old 01-02-2008, 08:32 PM

Also, I don't mean to come across like I dislike the Stryker, I just cautioned people to wait a little to give them time to work the bugs out. I honestly think in a way the Stryker is one of the many best things that can happen to the CB movement. Our main resistance IMO is fed by the vertical bow makers knowing that the CB cuts into there pie. The more vertical bow makers that start making CB's like bowtech did and the resistance will start to fall and they will not give money to the anti movement to stop the CB. I agree with Dan that the 60 yards is misrepresenting what a CB can or should do. The more guys we can get to get on board the better, kinda.
Old 01-02-2008, 09:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dan....rotflmao right now.......
Old 01-03-2008, 07:16 PM

im gonna get the excaliber vixen
Old 01-03-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: mossbergman11

im gonna get the excaliber vixen
Izzzatyou squirrell? back under an asumed name to yank our chain? if so, good job, dude!!
Old 01-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Apparently the tree rat's marks at school are good so I don't think this is our Squirrel. This one can't spell. Maybe it's a weasel or a trolling old man.
Old 01-04-2008, 06:07 AM

The difference between a stryker and a vixen is like the difference between a PSE silverhawk and their new X-Force, more speed means flatter shooting less hold over between your pins. Anyone who says different is probably still using an Intel486 and would never use a Intel p4 or atleast a p3. Lets face the fact that vertical bows are pushing higher speed why should'nt X-bows, look overall at industries will a 30-06 outshoot a 300 savage, a Stryker will and has taken deer at 60 yards is Bowtech's service there yet no. Shotgun slugs are pushing 2000fps and capable of 100 yard kills. Don't understand why most of you are so against speed, is it fear of White tail extinction or is it the have's and have not's.

My 2 cent's
Old 01-04-2008, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing wrong with technology or speed.There is so much competition for bow speed nowadays that speed is AHEAD of technology, kind of speed at any price situation. Mechanical things tend to suffer failure when pushed beyond their design limits, be is burned out barrels in guns or broken limbs in bows. Seems to me there have been numerous issues with trigger recall and cracked limbs associated with Stryker posted here and elsewhere. (As well as numerous repair under warranty problems). If speed (&/or the need to impress others) under those conditions is worth $2,000 is an individual call. Me, I'll stick with the tried and true for now. Particularly if their maker stands behind their product, no questions asked, if the need develops.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never been opposedtoo much withthe speed of the Stryker, just that 20,40,60 yd red dot on it. I think new guys will buy that thing thinking they can shoot deer at 60 yds w/ it. Imho, they shouldn't try. If a deer can duck a arrow going 350 fps at 30 yds, and they can, doubling the yardage to 60 [100% increase] while going up in fps by 50 fps [14% increase] ain't gonna work. Have guys shot deer w/ Strykers at 60, I'm sure some have. Not for me,I much prefer the close ones or none at all.

Quick Reply: Stryker crsoobow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.