Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 g5 broadhead info?? >

g5 broadhead info??

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

g5 broadhead info??

Old 12-31-2007, 12:41 PM
Spike

Default g5 broadhead info??

Guys ,i shoot a tenpoint stealth x-2 i currently shoot 2216's with 125 grain slick trick magnums off it, i would like to shoot either carbon express bolts or gtII's with 100 or 125 grain g5's does anyone shoot these broadheads and if so how well do they put a deer sized animal down?? i've had good luck with the slick's but think i want to go to a sharpenable fixed head, i've heard mixed review's of the head and want to hear from you guy's,thanx,speed..........
Old 12-31-2007, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: g5 broadhead info??

Think Hotburn is shooting those. I sharpen my Slicks w/ a Lansky knock off and have no problems, just gotta take the blades out of ferrule to do it, but maybe thats what you are trying to avoid?
Old 12-31-2007, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sharpen my Slicks too, with a fine diamond lap. No problems.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:46 PM

Depends on which G5 head you are talking about. The Montech's flew real nice out of my older slower Horton and I liked them. But flew real bad out of the newer SuperMax, was getting lots of flyer's from time to time. ON my Excal I have only shot the Tekan II's by G5 and have taken two deer with them. One fell within sight about thirty yards and the other went only seventy yards I think. They also had pretty good shots on them though and that helped as much as anything. Here is a pic of the Tekan II mark on the buck I shot this year!!!

Old 01-01-2008, 04:34 PM
Spike

I must be just lazy or unable to resharpen slick blades, have lots of older style non german lutz blades and i guess i dont have the right sharpener, i might as well go back to replacing blades cause i'm just a chap at that, wish there was any foolproof way,speed..........
Old 01-02-2008, 11:07 AM
Fork Horn

The G5 looks real tuff. I have some Slicks but have not used one yet so I don't know how easythey are tosharpen.
I sharpen my Muzzy's with a diamond broadhead sharpener from Cabela's and finish with a leather strop. They get razor sharp. I'm planning on doing the Slicks the same way.

xbowbarry