Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
RAZORBACK broadhead - ANY updates - info ? >

RAZORBACK broadhead - ANY updates - info ?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

RAZORBACK broadhead - ANY updates - info ?

Old 10-01-2002, 04:40 PM

Default RAZORBACK broadhead - ANY updates - info ?

Anyone heard the latet on Razorback broadheads ?? I am just curious if theydid anything to improve and why they REALLY stopped shipping them. I have been down and out for 4-5 weeks and have not been on line and talked to anyone

Tom
Old 10-01-2002, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: RAZORBACK broadhead - ANY updates - info ?

I am not saying my review had anything to do with it, but shortly after making the posts on this head, they stoped shipping. I believe they figured out that rushing a product to market is not always a good idea. At least they did the right thing and didn't keep trying to sell a bad product.

TAKE YOUR KIDS HUNTING AND YOU WON'T BE HUNTING FOR YOUR KIDS
Old 10-01-2002, 06:22 PM

5shot,

Yea I thought that was wierd.... your right, right afte your review they pulled them (after I bought a couple packs)

So I was wondering if they had done anything. Thewebsite states they had a 'blade' problem.... not a quality problem...... hehe

Its a shame too.... I really wanted to shoot them, they flew like darts out of my bow...... fantastic fliers (but bow is WELL tuned)

QUESTION 5shot - if ya had a pack of these, and a pack of shockwaves, shooting with 65-70 pounds at 240 FPS what head would you screw on ?
Tom

Edited by - eightwgt on 10/01/2002 19:27:10
Old 10-02-2002, 04:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

After seeing what happens to them, I think the Shockwaves would be my choice. I do think the Razorbacks will work on most shots, but if you hit something hard, your going to have a "blade problem" LOL.

Old 10-02-2002, 06:50 AM

5Shot

I used shockwaves last year and had a great success story - first time user I was ! My first bow buck, a 240 pound 8 point Indiana Deer... a quartering too shot even, a total pass through. I am shooting same rig but I still like fixed heads especially the cut on impact (they just 'look right') for obvious reasons.... I hope NAP fixes those heads... they look promising.... I still want to try them but after your review I keep thinkin, " Im a good shot, but what if the shot ends up 3" left and nails the shoulder' THATS what Im wondering.......

Tom (ps what ya think about those steel force heads)
Old 10-03-2002, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

The steel force heads are pretty good. Accurate, strone, and SUPER SHARP! Not my first choice in a cut on contact, but not my last either. If you like the looks of the steelforce heads you should check out the Magnus Stingers. They are a great two blade 100 grn cut on contact head.

Old 10-03-2002, 10:54 AM

Magnus Stingers huh ??? I have not seen these heads... pretty good ya say ? Im going to do a search....

Thanks 5shot