Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Deer contest

Old 12-24-2007, 10:22 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default Deer contest

Hey Guys, Please enter your big game pictures here http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/php...ic.php?t=20541
It is a photo contest that I started for the best picture. Everyone votes on the pictures. There are prizes involved!
There is a purpose to the contest. I would like people to realize that it takes ten minutes or less to make a good picture into an awesome picture. Most of the time all it requires is to tuck in the animal's tongue, wipe the blood off it's nose. Avoid the gut pile in the picture etc.
Yes you are allowed to photochop the tongue etc. Just submit a presentable picture.

Old 12-24-2007, 10:44 AM

Default RE: Deer contest

DNK - I wish I could. I have not verified buy I have been told California is closed to Crossbow hunters for GAME. Using mine for Varments.
Old 12-24-2007, 11:19 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Safety Off

DNK - I wish I could. I have not verified buy I have been told California is closed to Crossbow hunters for GAME. Using mine for Varments.
Sorry to hear, that is retarded. I suppose there is much lobbying for crossbows in California?
Your time will come soon, it is an unstoppable trend.
Old 12-24-2007, 12:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Does a pic of me and my empty tag count [:@]....
Old 12-24-2007, 01:54 PM

There are some things that I am extremely grateful for on this and other sites that I have learned, taking good pics is one of them. I took ok pics with my buck, but did not want to keep my brother any longer and was not able to tuck the legs. ON Dads deer I spent the time to clean and position deer and tuck the legs, clean up blood, and cover hole with gun, a great photo forever! It's one thing that I can say I only picked up from this site and may not have done had I not found this place. Dad is getting a nice frame with his pic in it for Christmas, along with a nice case for his gun too!!
Old 12-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

There are some things that I am extremely grateful for on this and other sites that I have learned, taking good pics is one of them. I took ok pics with my buck, but did not want to keep my brother any longer and was not able to tuck the legs. ON Dads deer I spent the time to clean and position deer and tuck the legs, clean up blood, and cover hole with gun, a great photo forever! It's one thing that I can say I only picked up from this site and may not have done had I not found this place. Dad is getting a nice frame with his pic in it for Christmas, along with a nice case for his gun too!!
Jason, I think its great. You've got something that only care, attention and ten minutes can buy and it's priceless! The amazing part is that so many will never figure it out. At the other site it's a constant battle, litterally! I really do appreciate the thanks that you relayed to me in the Trophy Room, Thank you Jason!
Old 12-26-2007, 08:29 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Safety Off

Safety off, the use of other hunting tools is now allowed!