Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Interesting

Old 12-25-2007, 09:49 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default Interesting

http://www.bowhunting.net/bowtube/media/85/The_Killing_Arc_-_Larry_Wise/
As some of you know I use rifle scopes on my Xbows. This is more or less how I set up my scope. They shoot a bit high at twenty yards by about two inches. It is all good to about 35 yards.
Old 12-25-2007, 11:22 PM

Default RE: Interesting

Cool training video - Thanks.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:31 PM
Fork Horn

Interesting video.
Has anyone here done this with a crossbow?

xbowbarry
Old 12-26-2007, 03:30 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I do. I find that in a hunting situation it prevents me from screwing up when the adrenaline is pumping. It's worth a try. Put out some targets from 20 to 35 and pop them after lowering your crosshairs two inches. You have nothing to loose and everything to gain.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting...Something to think about.......I did try a single pin set at 20yrds about 8-9 yrs ago but didnt like it but bows are faster with better arrows now,like I said,willhave to ponder it for awhile......
Old 12-27-2007, 09:39 AM

What kind of question is that - YES, I have done an extensive CB arrow test. First I took 4 Chronographs and put them 10 yards apart. Then I put a target at the end. On each Chrono I had a large balloon for a visual aid in order to watch the path of the arrow. Each balloon was a test in itself. The first balloon was filled with air, it popped nicely and the chrono read a speed of 330 fps. The second balloon was filled with HeO2 the Chrono made a high pitch squirrel/chip monktype sound but read 320 fps. The third Chrono had a little trouble, the liquid nitrogen sped up the arrow a bunch and froze my Chrono. It was a good thing it froze the LED readout, I could still read it, the arrow was going 695 fps. It was the last balloon filled with Tanerite http://www.tannerite.com/ That screwed up the test. It blew up the Chrono and arrow. Good thing the LED was still visible, the arrow was going 5,695 fps. Good test. Yes, the arrows do arc.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:12 AM

pretty much the same thing I did when I used a single dot red dot. It works fine for deer as I and many others have taken them. But if you want to kill smaller game at the longer ranges then you may need something else.

Am I missing something, or did Safety Off have some bad egg nog?
Old 12-27-2007, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Real Bad!!!
Old 12-27-2007, 11:18 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Safety Off

What kind of question is that - YES, I have done an extensive CB arrow test. First I took 4 Chronographs and put them 10 yards apart. Then I put a target at the end. On each Chrono I had a large balloon for a visual aid in order to watch the path of the arrow. Each balloon was a test in itself. The first balloon was filled with air, it popped nicely and the chrono read a speed of 330 fps. The second balloon was filled with HeO2 the Chrono made a high pitch squirrel/chip monktype sound but read 320 fps. The third Chrono had a little trouble, the liquid nitrogen sped up the arrow a bunch and froze my Chrono. It was a good thing it froze the LED readout, I could still read it, the arrow was going 695 fps. It was the last balloon filled with Tanerite http://www.tannerite.com/ That screwed up the test. It blew up the Chrono and arrow. Good thing the LED was still visible, the arrow was going 5,695 fps. Good test. Yes, the arrows do arc.
I've had a few good ideas in my life time too! LOL!
Old 12-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Typical Buck

Great thread! Now I want to make something explode too..
My son is a Dukes of Hazard fan, in one scene one they are whacking away at 20 gallon jugs of gas with flaming arrows, then a safe loaded with C4.. Boomchuckalucka..
So how do you keep an arrow on fire at 300+ FPS? Seriously, I want to know. If the Romans could do it why can't I?

I get lost looking through a single rectical scope, I need more info inside there, once I put my eyeball on the scope I need it to provide me with as much information as it can. I need the multi-rectical scopes to keep the precision part of me moving when poking away at little stuff, I would be lost if I couldn't pinpoint my arrows destination via rangefinder and multi-rectical points of interest.
Unfortunately I think it is my lack of experience that keeps my from generalizing my shots into the "boiler room", I need to pick a hair on the animal then split it in two or I am simply not happy.

Quick Reply: Interesting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.