Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Bowhunters Superstore

Old 12-23-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Bowhunters Superstore

Anyone ever have any problems with bowhunters superstore?I did I bought a new tru-glo illuminated crossbow scope (camo) from them.Did not have the arrow speeds mark on it so i call them up and talked to a guy and he said let me go get 1 off of the shelf and look.He said yes it did and i ask him if it was a camo 1 and he said yes it was(they come it black 2) then he said send it back and we will send you a new 1 so i did.In the meantime I called tru-glo and ask them if the camo ones have the arrow speed mark on them and they said just the black ones do,I said ok.got my scope back from bowhunters put it on my bow and shot it for 3hrs. and couldn't get it shot in.Call tru glo 1st talked to a lady and she said it should only took about 15 min. I said I know thats how long it took me when i got my bow new.She said that they would send me a new 1, but she said I should call bowhunters 1st because it is in their policy to replace it.So I called bowhunters up and talked to a guy ( paul ruth) and told him what was going on and he said did you call truglo I said yes I did and he said what did they say I told him they said that you should replace it. he stuttered then said send it back and we will send you a new 1.he said put att: Paul Ruth on the box so that they would know what was going on with the scope,so I sent it back for the 2nd time. Waited for about a week called bowhunters up talk to a lady(Denise) she didn't know what was going on with the scope so i told her,she said that the part owner said I would have to send it to truglo. I told her that I'am not the dealer I'am the customer,by this time i was getting upset with them so i told her to sendme the scope back.Call truglo up and theysaid that they would take care of it,so I sent it back to truglo.Spent 200.00 for the scope over 30.00 for shipping.Bought this scope Nov. 20/07 and still don't have it thanks to bowhunters. I will never buy anything from bowhunters superstore again
Old 12-23-2007, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowhunters Superstore

Ive never had a problem with them,but when it comes to sights and things that need more attention I try to find them in a store rather then ordering them just like hunting cloths,I never order them I always buy from a store.....
I did order my Vortex CB from them and right stuff pac but I knew what I was getting exactly.....
Old 12-23-2007, 12:05 PM

That's a shame about your problems with Bowhunters Superstore. I attribute a lot of it to the TruGlo scope as it does seem to have several problems. Both my brother-in-law and I both owned one for a very short time. They did not work well at all for us for several reasons. Their optics were very clear, though. As far as Bowhunters Superstore, I've dealt with them for about 20 years although they did fold up for about five years. They have been back in business for about a year now and I've ordered very small amounts and large amounts and haven't had any problems at all. Fast shipping, excellent email communications and great service.
Old 12-23-2007, 02:38 PM
Spike

You are lucky I was trying to exchange a tru glo that came on my Parker and it took 3 days to get someone to answer the phone down there I finally got the scope and the speed ring is somehow reversed when you lower the speed it shoots lower instead of higher I going to try to send it back in a week or two after christmas Oh the Back lens came loose on the first one everytime you shot it it shot a different place
Old 12-23-2007, 02:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Really i just don't have a horse in this race! BHSS isn't the one who made the product, they just sell it as its shipped to them.[]
Old 12-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Spike

Like the Graveyard Zombie, I too have ordered quite a bit from Bowhunters Superstore from anywhere to just a $20.00 order to a $400.00 order. I always get great email response from them acknowledging myorder and shipping my order. The longest I've had to wait is four days and that was for the very large order. Sorry to hear about your problems but again I think it is probably due to TruGlo.
Old 12-23-2007, 04:13 PM

My first go around withBHSS was not real good. They messed up my order andsent me something I did not order leaving out something I needed badly (scope rings) and was late on the arrival date. I was pretty pissed due to making me miss a hunt and driving 4 hours round trip to pick up the stuff. HOWEVER, when I called they seemed to care, made the ordered right and picked up most of the shipping.

I will give them a second chance because I believe customer service says a lot and I know once in a while mistakes happen - people will be people [8D]/