Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Crossbow strikes twice in one week (w/pics)! >

Crossbow strikes twice in one week (w/pics)!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Crossbow strikes twice in one week (w/pics)!

Old 11-30-2007, 09:50 AM

Default Crossbow strikes twice in one week (w/pics)!

I just posted a few days ago about my 1000 shot buck and then yesterday I was able to take a NICE elk with my crossbow. Never dreamed of getting such a nice bull, but here he is:

Old 11-30-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Crossbow strikes twice in one week!

Congrats!! When's the cookout?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:13 AM

Congrats on the nice bull. I can almost taste the tenderloins
now.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh yes thats a nice Bull, congrats.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:02 PM

Looks like we need to come hang out with you some! That is a nice Bull for sure!! Congrats!! Do you have a good story to go with it?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is just so impressive. Some guys say they hunt and some guys hunt. You are clearly the real thing!! Atta Boy!!!!!!

PS.... Did you use the broadhead from your 1000 shot arrow and mule deer. Sounds like all your practice paid off big time.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats way to go,very nice bull!
Old 11-30-2007, 07:24 PM

Here's the story: I got permission to hunt this piece of property that is only 23 acres. For elk that is very small. They move around so much that it's hard to catch them in there. The plan was to check on that area in the morning and try to time it when they were there and then check out other areas later in the day. Yesterday I was almost done checking this out and didn't see any fresh tracks. Right before I left I decided to check one corner of the property that I had missed walking in in the dark. I found tracks and then this big boy with 2 other bulls that were about the same size. The wind swirled as I was making a stalk and they got up from their beds. I could tell they were about to take off so I let them see me and walked at an angle to them that made them think I would walk around while still getting closer. I could tell they really didn't want to leave their beds. I was able to close the gap to about 45 yds. and my bolt flew through his chest catching the fletching on the hide on the other side. He ran about 200 yds. and crashed down the hill into the tree he's wrapped around. I was going to resharpen the BH that my buck was taken with and I forgot so this was with a new bolt and BH, still a 2 blade Zwickey though. My taxidermist guessed that he would score 340-350". He's much bigger than I had hoped to take with the crossbow.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:33 AM

and another picture:

Old 12-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Spike

What kind of c-bow do you shoot?

Quick Reply: Crossbow strikes twice in one week (w/pics)!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.