Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Horton Team Realtree >

Horton Team Realtree

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Horton Team Realtree

Old 11-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Horton Team Realtree

I have a Horton 150 Explorer XL right now and haev had it for three years and have been very very pleased with it. But this offseason i would like to up grade a little bit and have been eyeing the Team Realtree model because they say its made specifically for deer hunting. I'm going to stick with Horton, so do you guys think i should go for the Team Realtree or is there another Horton model you guys feel strongly about?
Old 11-09-2007, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Horton Team Realtree

Don't really knowed about which Hortons models are better. I have read that their Hunter series is top of the line fer them.
Old 11-09-2007, 08:18 PM

Default RE: Horton Team Realtree

I have always thought my Horton's and others where ok, some guys seem to have problems with them some seem legit and some not so legit. But if you wanted to upgrade and wanted to stay with Horton I would say get one of the ones with a machined aluminum barrel on it and you will be good to go. My Super Max 175 has been good to me and dad. My switch to Excal was freedom of a press and a much lighter CB. I like my Excal, but I have no problem seeing someone with a Horton either. The Team real tree is basically the Explorer model with a brand name on it, same stock and same wide boy limbs, which they don't even put on there newer models I think. I you want to truly upgrade then IMO you need to get the Hunter HD, other wise you will still be using one with a synthetic barrel and not really doing much of a upgrade. Or you could be like me and make the switch to the dark side and try a Excal! LOL!!