Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Excalibur Exocet 200 >

Excalibur Exocet 200

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Excalibur Exocet 200

Old 10-31-2007, 10:27 AM

Default Excalibur Exocet 200

I bought a new exocet this year and was wondering if you can change the stock on it to a thumb hole stock like the equinox has
Old 10-31-2007, 10:39 AM

Default RE: Excalibur Exocet 200

Thats a good question but I do not have an answer. I often wondered this myself.I will grant you someone will be along shortly with an answer........
Old 10-31-2007, 11:25 AM
Typical Buck

The good thing about the Excalibur line of crossbows is that most parts are the same for each bow. Also with the parts which are different, if you swap them out with another, then your bow becomes that other model (200 lb exomag - standard riser changed to forward riser becomes Exommax, shooting rails are of different sizes, longer for more powerful bow. ect).

The stocks are all inter changable, the question would be could you get your hands onto a thumbhole stock so you can make the change. Also the limbs are the same for all newer bows.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom

The good thing about the Excalibur line of crossbows is that most parts are the same for each bow. Also with the parts which are different, if you swap them out with another, then your bow becomes that other model (200 lb exomag - standard riser changed to forward riser becomes Exommax, shooting rails are of different sizes, longer for more powerful bow. ect).

The stocks are all inter changable, the question would be could you get your hands onto a thumbhole stock so you can make the change. Also the limbs are the same for all newer bows.

Hope this helps.
Well, Tom, gotta disagree w/ you on this one. Until they brought out the Vortex and Equinox, you were correct. The new thumbhole stocks won't fit the other rails, only the ones that come w/ the two new bows. Gotta hand it to Bill, he'd rather sell new bows than new stocks, lol. I'm 99.9% sure I'm right on this, but would welcome a correction if you find different info than I have.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:50 PM

ORIGINAL: awshucks
Gotta hand it to Bill, he'd rather sell new bows than new stocks, lol. I'm 99.9% sure I'm right on this, but would welcome a correction if you find different info than I have.
Thats funny! It makes sense! Every one would just be buying stocks and not bows.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:48 PM
Typical Buck

Well, Tom, gotta disagree w/ you on this one. Until they brought out the Vortex and Equinox, you were correct. The new thumbhole stocks won't fit the other rails, only the ones that come w/ the two new bows. Gotta hand it to Bill, he'd rather sell new bows than new stocks, lol. I'm 99.9% sure I'm right on this, but would welcome a correction if you find different info than I have.
Well I could be wrong but if my memory is working correctly, last January I read that someone in the office told a member of the Excal site that the only difference in the bows (vortex & exocet) was the thumbhole stock. I did check with someone else, and he told me that he believed that there was some difference in the placement of the trigger mechinism of the two bows that the stocks are not interchangable. I still think that my memory was correct, but that does not mean I was correct since the info I was talking about was prerelease info.

Sorry if I created some confussion.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

The Vortex is advertised as being one inch shorter overall. (BTW, I'm WILD about mine).
Old 11-01-2007, 04:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GrumpyTom

Well I could be wrong but if my memory is working correctly, last January I read that someone in the office told a member of the Excal site that the only difference in the bows (vortex & exocet) was the thumbhole stock. I did check with someone else, and he told me that he believed that there was some difference in the placement of the trigger mechinism of the two bows that the stocks are not interchangable. I still think that my memory was correct, but that does not mean I was correct since the info I was talking about was prerelease info.

Sorry if I created some confussion.
That's what I remember also. They moved the triggers on thumbhole models which required a different bolt hole pattern for the stocks, hence no interchange w/ previous production models. I'm sure the risers and limbs will switch out like they nearly always have. I'd also bet it's just a matter of time before some nimrod on Excal site modifies one to fit, lol. Those guys take tweakin and fiddlin to new levels!!
Old 11-01-2007, 05:29 AM
Typical Buck

I'd also bet it's just a matter of time before some nimrod on Excal site modifies one to fit, lol. Those guys take tweakin and fiddlin to new levels!!
LOL you right on that. But some of their tinkering has comeup with some good ideas. But for me, how do you really improve on an Excalibur Crossbow (coming from one that uses an almost 25 year old crossbow "Relayer" as it was delivered from Bill & Kath). Just too bad that they like to bicker and attack on that site. Other than that it is a great site to learn things about crossbows. Other thenmy answering PM's, I can't remember the last time I was over there.
Old 11-01-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, since you pop in here from time to time, don't miss all your wisdom that you shared there. Glad to read your posts somewhere. And, you're right again, hard to improve on an Excal!!

Quick Reply: Excalibur Exocet 200

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.