Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

horton crossbow

Old 10-23-2007, 07:45 PM
Spike

Default RE: horton crossbow

The HunterMax 200 is a great CB.... Now let me state this, me and a buddy purchased ours, summer of 2006. Mine worked out super. Can hit with mine perfect all the time at any distance. BUT, his acted just like you stated about your arrows foating everywhere. He contacted Horton, and they were the best of folks. They worked with him and to find out, it was the scope & mount somehow. But they did do him right. And if you have anymore dealing with your crossbow, please go directly to Horton. They will make EVERYTHING right.
Are you using a Horton EZ-Winder to pull yours back? or as you know, the Winder pulls the strings back perfectly straight, which makes you shaft fly good.
When you sight in your bow, put the dial on the number 2, and go from there.
They told me to leave it at that number, and use the different lines on the scope to go from there >>>>>

Old 10-24-2007, 03:18 AM
Spike

I agree with, Hotburn76 Horton surely has great customer service I purchased a bow awhile back and the limbs were cracked. I got this off an individual for 75 bucks well he didnt know it was under warranty and I called em sent it back and got the whole bow back fast. lol he wasnt to happy about it but he came to me wanting to sell it.......Shaun
[align=left] [/align]
Old 10-24-2007, 04:36 AM

yeah i calledthem lastthur the day after i dropped itoff at gander.horton wasreal helpful. they said i would have it back with in 7 days of them rec it. horton said that bow has a lifetime warranty on everything but the string and cable. i think they will take care of me. its just getting gander to get it to them. there suppose to send it to them this morning. im going by there when i get off work today to make sure they sent it. first time on this board thanks for the input. been real helpful. first cb didnt really have a clue if i got a decent one or not.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:25 AM
Fork Horn

yea, your problem can be fixed. GM wont do it, nor will they try. gave up on them a wile ago. were i live i had to travel about an hour to get the i dont care attitude. Horton is a good company dont let GM put there faults on sombody else. I dont belive they will be around long, not without customer service.[:@]
Old 10-24-2007, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a red dotscope problem and pulled a nut out of my quiver mounting plate (don't ask!) lol. Anyway, Horton replaced the scope (new one is great, I think they reworked it before they sent it out.) and they are sending me a new mounting plate. No questions asked. Pretty good customer service. They didn't even ask when I bought the bow for the mounting plate deal. I been to GM in Fort Wayne, IN and am not impressed with their bow service dept. I found a place where a guy makes all custom strings, cables, etc. for whatever you need. He made me a real nice string and serving for $30 total. And had it ready the next morningwith only oneday before season opened.

chris

chris
Old 10-24-2007, 05:20 PM
Spike

I have a hortonTR 175that came with a red dot scope thatstopped working.Itook the spring out of the dail-a-range and replaced thetop rail screw with a 10 x 1 3/4 ss screw thourgh the scope mount (put dail on 0 and leave the pin in) put the vari-zone on and it will be the best thing you could ever do!This cb can hit quarters @ 30 yards now and shoots the same with any type of arrow carbon or alum. and field points or spitfires and slick tricks all hit the same.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:07 PM

Hey moeskeeter, we need them pics of how you did that! I think you have the system down how to do this the best. Don't want to mess with dads bow until after season.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:17 PM
Spike

Can not get my scanner to work, will try to get a friend at work to post them for me. The way I did it is the way to go. I was thinking I would get me a phoenix cb but not any more.
Old 10-24-2007, 06:36 PM

ORIGINAL: moeskeeter

Can not get my scanner to work, will try to get a friend at work to post them for me. The way I did it is the way to go. I was thinking I would get me a phoenix cb but not any more.
"Wee Hah" as my 3 year old says as he is bailing off the couch. I say this everytime I see the word Pheonix now....I had a Horton once!!!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've never had a problem with my dial-a-range. Also my 3 dots on my scope are right on with the yardage. They where a little off with the alum. bolts. When I went to the carbons and 100gr Spitfires the scope is dead on. When I changed scopes and restarted the sight in procedure it did change from the #2 position to the #1 position......

chris

Quick Reply: horton crossbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.