Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 horton scope problems! >

horton scope problems!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

horton scope problems!

Old 08-13-2007, 07:40 PM

Default horton scope problems!

Hey guys i have a horton legend xt175 w/a horton vari range scope on it.the problem i am having is that its adjusted as far to the right as possible and still shooting a 3 arrow group abot a half inch to an inch he left.my string is marked so i know i am cocking it dead on every time.shooting killer groups but im just off to the left with no room to compensate.any help?
Old 08-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: horton scope problems!

make sure your rings are centered. If they have windage bases, you can have them on at an angle and run your scope out of adjustment
Old 08-13-2007, 09:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: eddie_v21

Hey guys i have a horton legend xt175 w/a horton vari range scope on it.the problem i am having is that its adjusted as far to the right as possible and still shooting a 3 arrow group abot a half inch to an inch he left.my string is marked so i know i am cocking it dead on every time.shooting killer groups but im just off to the left with no room to compensate.any help?
no expert here,but i would make sure scope is on straight..
how it would get cocked a little, i dont know but i seen a rifle do this a lot with rear ring...
if it is on straight,something is causing arrow to shoot where it does..

if your scope is put on straight and it stills does it,i would take scope off and maybe you could try another scope on from a archery shooting club..
we have scopes you can try at ours,if another scope is ok, you know its your scope....
thats what i would do...
Old 08-13-2007, 09:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe a dumb question, but you know those knurled nuts that hold the rings to the mount? Are they both facing the same direction? If not, that's probably your answer.
Old 08-14-2007, 04:36 PM

awshucks maybe a dumb question on my behalf to but which nuts are you talking about?
Old 08-14-2007, 04:39 PM

ORIGINAL: 10ptCrossbow

make sure your rings are centered. If they have windage bases, you can have them on at an angle and run your scope out of adjustment
the rings that hold the scope?how do you check them?
Old 08-16-2007, 04:10 PM

still having probs.
Old 08-16-2007, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: eddie_v21

still having probs.
i would take it toarchery shop or club..
you would be surprised after a few people look at it,they might just catch what is wrong...
our indoor archery has lots of people and niceplace to shoot...

if that does not work, i would send it to horton too look at...

i also saw this once reloading a 300 sav model 99..
we did everything to try to get bullets to come from left to center..

i found out it was a bent sizing die rod inside which was canting the bullet just a hair...

have someone stand behind you while you shoot, have them look at way arrow comes off the bow ..
you may see your problem right there..
if arrow comes out nice and straight,i would say its scope or mounts.....
Old 08-16-2007, 10:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Eddie, figure it out yet? Here's the only pic of a scope mounted I have, my question was do both of your rings look like these two, the nuts you tighten to hold scope to mount have to both face the same way. If not on yours, there's the easy fix. If they are both on right, it's like Sproul said. Btw, I've had terrible luck w/ two of those Horton 4x's, so that might be the problem. If you have another scope w/ 1" tube, switch it out for test purposes. Keep us posted, we all learn from stuff like this. Good luck

Old 08-18-2007, 06:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

well,i have the same problem today but mine was elevation..
i shot arrow same one over and over..
my horton scope was turned down as far as it would go and arrow was 2 inchs high..

i then lost arrow after 20 shots..

took my next arrow and shot and it was 2 inchs low..

your situation is all 3 arrows same spot,mine was 1 arrow hit 2 inchs high ,other 2 inchs low..

maybe someone could offer their opinion?

Quick Reply: horton scope problems!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.