Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Good news, Kinda?  DVD Cam >

Good news, Kinda? DVD Cam

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Good news, Kinda? DVD Cam

Old 10-05-2007, 08:47 AM

Default Good news, Kinda? DVD Cam

Well I got my mount made and went to hardware store and bought the mounting screw and some rubber washers. I took a few shots in the back yard and it is working good. When you play back you just see a little jump. And when a average guys watches it looks just fine, was shocked at how loud the CB sounded on tape. But I have the software to edit the footage and play frame by frame. My format can break it down to 25 frames per second. It only takes nine frames from clear image to clear image for the shot. We always talk about math and string jump andsome good info is if you do nine frames and 25 frames per second, it took the arrow from start to finish .36 of a second to get to target at 20 yards. But the image is kinda blurry in the frames of arrow impact. Records just fine, but a slight blur in the image. Kinda like when you take a pic with a regular camera and move real fast you get the streak effect on them. I guess if I want a arrow going into a deer will have to have dad hold camera or get a tree mount. But like said it is only .36 of a second footage is blurry. I thought when playing it back on TV it was perfect, but the frame by frame clip is not crisp on impact. But I will still have great footage of deer harvest come time!
Old 10-05-2007, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Good news, Kinda? DVD Cam

So it will be good recording hunts, just abit of blur when you shoot cause of recoil? Yer shootinga Vortex? That has some power like the Exocet 200 right. I have to find some weights to go into my 2219's. At 433 grs. they're over 100 grs. too light to suit me.
Old 10-05-2007, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Throw some vidio up so we can see.....Remember to nock the arrow .
Old 10-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Fork Horn

I just tried out my own home made tree pod, mounted my sony handycam on it with the wide angle lense I bought from sony for 50 bucks. I used a old tripod , all I bought was some small boldts and a tree step that has a nylon strap and sinch that is noiseless, the only thing is you need the swivel joint in the middle, witch I dont have, I bought the extended life battery so all I have to do is point it in the direction I think the deer will be shot and about 45 min or so befor quiting time turn it on and let it record with the night shot plus on off, then with the lumenok on one end and the slick trick on the other and hope everything turns out I'm thinking it will work if I't don't get to late, but all I did was cut one leg off and use that and cut the camera mount off and boldt that to the leg, get creative , I 've got about 7 bucks into mine but got to figure out the swivel joint in the middle ,,and sugestions???? good luck, last night I had a big doe and her fawn go flying by my stand right before I planded to turn on the camera, it was over for the rest of the evening. good luck