Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Illuminated nocks >

Illuminated nocks

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Illuminated nocks

Old 10-04-2007, 06:23 PM
Spike

Default Illuminated nocks

I'm getting tired of losing bolts. I don't see the arrow hit the target or animal like I did with a vertical bow. Has anyone tried to use any illuminated nocks with their bolts?
Old 10-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Illuminated nocks

I have not used them as of yet, but I have a few Tracer knocks on order. From reports I have heard from others, they work real well (tracer style) so I will try them out when they get here.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:43 PM
Fork Horn

I bought a lumenok # 2219 crossbow flat, I got an arrow with no insert , so where that flat knock should go instead is my lumenok, I had to carefuly sand it,be sure not to sand the cantacts. When It snugly fit inside my carbon arrow quite tight actualy, I pushed it up against the table until It lighted up and then gently and I do mean gently turned and pulled slightly outward until the light went off. Took it out and shot It , in the daytime lightly overcast, it lit up great watched it go to the target, glad I bought it, it will be my first arrow to "soon draw blood." Hope this helps, good luck .
Old 10-05-2007, 04:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd say ya have a very fast shooting CB, if you can't see the arrow hit yer target. Maybe i need that model fer my 3-D shoots.
Old 10-05-2007, 06:03 AM
Spike

I've shot 2 animals with the tracer nock and it worked great for some reason it doesn't need the magnet to activate must be something out of whack with the switch but it works ok I put the magnet under the arrow hold down and you have to set the arrow twice Ishot a ground hog with one waited for the sun to go down and even my tired old eyes could see that thing blinking away in the weeds. One word of caution they changed the point of impact of the arrow by 5 yards so make sure you shoot them it's probably just my bow everything changes the point of impact on my bow for some reason .
Old 10-05-2007, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

GrumpyTom,
Where did you find tracer nocks? I was told the company was sold and they were no longer available.
Would like to get more , they work great!!!

xbowbarry
Old 10-05-2007, 04:00 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: xbowbarry

GrumpyTom,
Where did you find tracer nocks? I was told the company was sold and they were no longer available.
Would like to get more , they work great!!!

xbowbarry

I was talking to the guy on the phone on Monday and ordered 4 from him. Here is the web site.

http://www.tracerarrow.com/page/page/996884.htm
Old 10-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks GT,

xbowbarry