Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Your Hunt Today!  Lets Hear it!  Season II >

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Old 10-16-2007, 12:04 PM

Default RE: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Went out this morning and sat in a stand about a hundred yards from the
house. At around 7:30 a.m. an 8 pt. basket rack came by and I took
him thru both lungs. He went about 70 yards down ridge and piled up
there. I didn't hunt yesterday cause it was rainin. Sunday morning I
shot a female Bobcat. She only went 2 yards. Should make a nice rug.
I also shot a doe a week ago so I've got one tag left. Have to get it done
before the gun hunters hit the woods.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on all those deer.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:05 PM

Went out last night and seen a buck on far side of pond heading in dads direction, but he never seen it. Had three does head my way, but they started feeding about fifty yards out at sunset. Never had a close shot and then when I thought it was good to leave at dark one of them blew real hard and I heard them crashing away!

Went out this morning on a tree rat hunt with a friend and he shot two and we had a good time. Almost had a hunt on tape of a tree rat, but it was to far and I did not feel like wasting arrow.

Went out on a evening hunttonight and seen no deer. But could hear them in corn moving around. Will not get to go until Monday now.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

CRISP!!! 39 degrees with a 4 mph breeze out of the North. Hopefully sumpin will be moving around out there. Gonna try a little bit of light rattling with a touch of bleat and grunt.
I think I am gonna shoot off one of those "buck bombs" as well just to waste $8. Young buck will be the flavor of the day. Maybe it will bring in a big one or maybe a young one. Either way their gonna be in trouble.
Gotta fly. It figures my best North wind stand is 3/4 mile into the swamp. ARG....
Old 10-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out last night and it was the same thing Hotburn. I could hear them moving around in the corn. But again nothing came out into view. Pretty close though. I think I may be getting scented. I need to rewash my hunting clothes in the scent /uv control stuff. However the breeze was in my favor so who knows? They might just be getting smart since I took one of their group out. I'm also going to get some acorn scent today to use tonight. I also have a neighbor who just got a little rat terrier. When that da**n thing sees me walk back to the blind, it stands by the edge of the field (about 400yards away) and barks it's a$$ off for 3 hours non-stop. I tried talking to the people about taking it inside (just for 2-3hrs in the eve.) but they won't budge!! They are mad because their son wants to buy my mom's old farmhouse and property, but she doesn't want to sell. If this goes much farther I may have to call the game warden. I feel they are using their dog to deliberately screw up my hunting. It is against the law in Indiana to interfere with the legal taking of a wild fish or animal. I hate to have to do something to the dog. It's not the dog's fault. But you can't just shoot the owner either!!!! lol..... Guess I'll have to ask the state if there's anything I or they can do about it. Being nice hasn't got me anywhere in this particular case. These people aren't the brightest crayons in the box, so that also makes it hard dealing with them. I tried talking to the woman who lives there, when I seen here outside. But she just kinda looked at me like she didn't know what deer hunting was!! And what did it have to do with her dog barking? !!!! GeeeeeZ

chris
Old 10-17-2007, 11:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had my hunt molested again by that high school reject! Came down in the thicket with beagle and shotgun trying to jump a deer i reckon. A$$ ruins my hunting all the time and its not on the bean field place.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Fork Horn

I took a 7 pt last week and went after bear in the mountains this week. Got to the mountains and the bear sign was gone. Nothing on the cameras, no bears in camp - nothing. Well we find out the farmer across the back side of the land we have had bears hitting his corn field so he got a damage permit to kill 5. They took 4 already and the corn is already picked. Go figure that out? Punishment for being there I guess. Anyway had a nice group of 4 bucks walk by my ground blind and I took the biggest one. 9 points but pushing 200# deer. 1 buck tag left so I'm holding out for something really good.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Rick, saw the pics on AT, nice deer!!
Old 10-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rick's got them lined up and I can't find squat. Post a pic for us old boys bud. I wanna know what they look like!!
It was a beautiful morning out there even if it was as quiet as death. Sat in a to SMALL pop-up blind. I have to stick the Xbow thru the window the darn thing is so small. I did have a raccoon as big as my dog try and join me in the blind.I don't know what his problem was but I think he may have moved in since I set the blind. I thought I was gonna have to kill him but I decided that it would have to be hand to hand as I could not have turned around with the Xbow.
Keep hunting boys.. Not sure if I should job hunt(laid off) or deer hunt tommorrow but I bet the old ball and chain has a few ideas.
Ever notice the older you get the colder you get. 40 degrees out and I was still cold by 9AM..
Old 10-17-2007, 03:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing.................about 6 hours today saw 1 doe in field this am and thats it......told the wife I was going out sunday eve after work.......then time will only let me back out...

Quick Reply: Your Hunt Today! Lets Hear it! Season II

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.