Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Broadheads ready to go! >

Broadheads ready to go!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Broadheads ready to go!

Old 09-17-2007, 08:56 PM

Default Broadheads ready to go!

I went out tonight and bought a target from Wal-mart for 28 bucks. Its a 4*4 block style target, even endorsed by Jackie Bushman too! LOL!! But I did not want to put the kiss of death on my Block target so that is why I bought it. I got dad shooting my Supermax 175 and again, it did real well with the Tekan II's. Then I put them on my Gold Tip II's and was just as happy! They flew great! I was spanking them in with no problem. They averaged about one inch low and to the left compared to my field tips. I am also still using the Nap Quick Spin Speed Hunters. I am not sure if I am gaining that much with them over the Miller Vanes. The only advantage I see so far is maybe a questionable amount of improvements, but they look pretty cool!! Also, the Wal-mart target is ok, but it will not last. One of my circles had a spot that had been hit the same about five times and I had a arrow pass through the target and stick out about ten inches on the other side. So it is a ok starter, one season target at best.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Broadheads ready to go!

The slicks work great with my set-up not enough to resight it so Iam happy and the Tekan's are great with the ProFusion about the same resalt not enought to mess with the sight....Learn to adjust and life is geat...as hunting goes.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:40 AM
Typical Buck

My sister bought me that block 4X4 target from Dicks sporting Goods the other week. Said they also had some 3-D deer targets on sale, but got that block one for about $30. It had Knight and Hale on the tag, and said it was for crossbow use and had a broad head and field tip side.

2 shots later one on each side I had 2 bolts to refletch. [:@]
One of the bolts was stuck in the middle of it with 3 inches sticking out the backside and required some serious pulling for removal.

She took it back to them for a refund. Now that I think about it, I wonder why my sister was being nice and got me a target. [&:]
Old 09-18-2007, 10:56 AM

That is another thing I liked about the Naps that I forgot to mention. The Horton 4" vanes were going into the target about half way, and then I had the wrinkle vane crap look. But the little Naps are real durable and did not distort. I am cresting with white paint right now and refletching three with the Naps. Sometimes I like my JoJan, and times like this the AZ looks nicer! LOL!!