Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Nuge Meltdown..

Old 08-26-2007, 06:43 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Nuge Meltdown..

I hardly ever hear anyone complain that a prairie dog crawls back into his hole, wounded, to die a slow death, or that a coyote lays out in the freezing cold to die of being gut shot, or that a squirrel or rabbit crawls into a hole, wounded, after being hit on the run by a "chance" shot, or that a crow flys off wonded to die, and how many fish does a bowfisherman wound and leave to die on an outing?
the list could go on for a very long time...
It's one thing for the above to happen without intent and it is certainly another to congratulate one's self on this kind of "achievement". In my eyes when hunting, over-extending yourself in the quest for fame is revolting. Hunting is supposed to be "fair chase" and conducted in a sportsman like manner. When those two conditions are not met it is no longer hunting.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

"we are backing hillary clinton bigtime in our area,so he better get used to dealing with her.."

When pigs fly!!![:@][:@][:@][&o][&o][&o][][][]

Old 08-26-2007, 07:15 AM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

"we are backing hillary clinton bigtime in our area,so he better get used to dealing with her.."

I sure hope I don't see a pig fly anytime too soon.
Ms. "Billary" is going to be the death of all those that like hunting and fishing if she has it her way !! [:@]

Although I do like Ted and his show, I'm not particularly fond of the long range shots as well, unless its at a paper target.
Old 08-26-2007, 07:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I take no pleasure is my actions resulting in the painful death of anything I may kill. You can't sit in a stand without developing an appreciation for ALL the wildlife as well as floura out there.
Yes, I have wounded deer that was gut shot and never found but it was bad placement of the shot and not pushing my limits and certainly not intentional. I guess I have also taken 40 yard shots @ ducks which injured but did not kill.
PS.. would not pay 25 bucks for a nuge concert never mind to hear him speak of the old mystical flight of the arrow or to hear him say"the beast is dead long live the beast"
On the show I saw Nuge was at th YO ranch and I can't beleive they would like the average sport wounding their game.A Pal-O-Mine who guides says they have folks who go out with five arrows in their quiver and come back with three and say they did not see a thing.
If killing sumpin is the only way we measure success then something is missing.>>>>>>>>>>&g t;>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>Whack!!
Old 08-26-2007, 08:15 AM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Glad to see you say that Dan! I was hoping a few of you guys could respond to that comment. I was starting to get nervous about you guys! Like the price of gas? Thank a tree hugging democrat!At least the caribou have nice grass up in Alaska on one of the worlds largest oil reserves! An area no average American will go to or ever see, but at least the tundra is nice and green![]
Old 08-26-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

He's gotten to be more a TV star than a hunter. Not much different than Tred Barta (the guy who was shooting at geese, I think). He plays to the camera. Saw him running around after caribou, then arching ... and I mean arching...a shot at a running bull when he couldn't get close. It would have been a miracle NOT to wound the animal had the arrow hit. All for the SHOW. I put them on the same level as the speed hunting contests where gunners chase pen raised birds against the clock. Or even the team hunting event where they try to vidio record the best deer kill.
It ain't hunting, it's just poor TV.
I lost all respect for Ted when he hosted a show that had participants making fools of themselves for money. It involved "outdoor" activities like killing and eating a chicken etc. but was mostly aimed at degrading the participants, while Ted and bubba rode around in an ATV and graded the fools. And all the while he babbled the quasi spiritual drivel. I think he's getting high on more than just the outdoor experience.
Old 08-26-2007, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think we will see alot of flying pigs from 08-12 if a certain group dosnt get thier poop in a group.....Buy now just in case....
Old 08-26-2007, 09:42 AM
KLS
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Cossack

He's gotten to be more a TV star than a hunter. Not much different than Tred Barta (the guy who was shooting at geese, I think).
yep, I think your right...

I knew who he was talking about but couldnt remember his name

I put them on the same level as the speed hunting contests where gunners chase pen raised birds against the clock. Or even the team hunting event where they try to vidio record the best deer kill.
It ain't hunting, it's just poor TV.

I agree 110%, but wheres the ethics there? its not brought up because its an excepted practice and too convienent to have ethics involved

I lost all respect for Ted when he hosted a show that had participants making fools of themselves for money. It involved "outdoor" activities like killing and eating a chicken etc. but was mostly aimed at degrading the participants, while Ted and bubba rode around in an ATV and graded the fools. And all the while he babbled the quasi spiritual drivel. I think he's getting high on more than just the outdoor experience.

wasnt that something? about the stupidest thing I've ever seen on tv...
Old 08-26-2007, 10:04 AM
Typical Buck

I don't agree with everything Uncle Ted does but in the long run he does a lot more good for the hunting and shooting sports than harm.
He can set the Antis straight better than anybody I've seen.

Martin
Old 08-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ranger56528

I think we will see alot of flying pigs from 08-12 if a certain group dosnt get thier poop in a group.....Buy now just in case....
You're absolutely right. If Hilliary gets elected, we'll be lucky to even keep the guns,bows,ammo we already have. But not without a fight of course!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.