Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Reason You Hav A Crossbow >

Reason You Hav A Crossbow

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Reason You Hav A Crossbow

Old 08-04-2007, 08:05 AM

Default Reason You Hav A Crossbow

I am 14 and had back surgery a while ago. I can still draw my dad's 70 pound bow but it is very painful so I switched to a crossbow so I don't have to deal with the pain. What is your reason for a crossbow?
Old 08-04-2007, 08:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Reason You Hav A Crossbow

I use a crossbow because I have one, it's legal during archery season and I'm a much better shot with a crossbow than a regular bow and don't want to wound deer. I can shoot very accurately out to 25 or 30 yards with the x-bow, and I only feel comfortable with a compound out to 15 yards or so.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's what they gave me at the store when I handed them money.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:38 AM

Because it's legal for everyone in my state and I wanted a crossbow. Plus it gives me an extra 6 weeks to hunt.
Old 08-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Squirrel, you're just a fountain of info! LOL! Getting kinda crusty early in life I see! Fourteen years old and you're a curmugeon already!

Buttermilkranch, first question for you, why not use a 50 lb compound?

I use a crossbow because its fun and. The other reason is because when I'm hunting in cold weather and I am wearing bulky clothing I know my shooting is going to be much better. Another reason is because it is legal and ethical. The last reason? Because I want to! LOL!

Old 08-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

That's what they gave me at the store when I handed them money.
I like that.

I've had bad Back and Arthritis in my Hands and Shoulders.

big rockpile
Old 08-04-2007, 09:46 AM
RWK
Nontypical Buck

My body do'esnt like me no more. Rich
Old 08-04-2007, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

I use both. I use the xbow during gun season. Just something different. I have found it just as challenging to shoot as a regular bow for the most part.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sorry about your back. I know full well from my own spine that it sucks to have back trouble at any age, but as young as you are... I pray you fully recover.

Back back, bad shoulders, bad knees, arthritis everywhere you can have arthritis... I'm a worn out ol' fart.[8D] Had to pass all my longbows and recurves down to my son because I always hurt myself when I try to shoot them. I still get out the wheelbows pretty often but not as much as I used to.

Crossbows let me shoot as much as I ever did. I've decided midieval crossbow replicas are my niche. I used to make and shoot selfbows... now I make and shoot crossbows.
Old 08-04-2007, 01:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Buttermilkranch, first question for you, why not use a 50 lb compound?

welllll... I feel like a weekling with that weight. Basicaly pulling back everything hurts so why not use more power when it hurts just the same? It hurts to cock my crossbow with the rope cocker too.

Quick Reply: Reason You Hav A Crossbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.