Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Reason You Hav A Crossbow >

Reason You Hav A Crossbow

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Reason You Hav A Crossbow

Old 08-04-2007, 01:08 PM

Default RE: Reason You Hav A Crossbow

Thanks Arthur P my recovery is going as planned
Old 08-04-2007, 01:22 PM

I wanted a longer season, but injuries won't let me draw a bow, so I got the Excal.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:23 PM

I enjoy Deer hunting and dislike the numbers of hunters in the woods during gun season, they need to hunt to, but I am just to nervous about being shot!! I bought my first compound when I was fifteen or fourteen also, if I remember right. My dad disliked how the shop was screwing me over with the " well you need to try this, and you need to try that and see what works for your set up " BS line!! My dad had five kids to raise and he did not need to waste money on a shop not willing to help a kid get set up right the first time. So he bought me my first Horton and I have been using one ever since. I love shooting in the back yard but do not want to be a slave to the target to keep up my "form" and skill. I like being able to set it down after deer season is over and pic it back up when the snow melts and be able to bust nocks. I am lucky since I live in the unbiased state of Ohio and all can hunt with the weapon of my choice and we have a great DNR that knows how to manage a heard so all can hunt. I have a Martin Dream Cast that I play with from time to time, but I dislike like the concept of a three inch group is good enough and like the repeatability I get with my Crossbow. Crossbow makers sell what works with there products and do not have dealers that make you look at a wall of accessories and say "well what do you want? Lets play with your wallet and see what works for you!" What a joke!
Old 08-04-2007, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

OK wee one! Shooting a 50lb. compound doesn't make you a winnie! Like you i had to have back surgery and they cut out a bone spur. The spur had dug into my siattic nerve so bad my left arm and leg i just drug around. After the surgery i have use of both but not like it was before. Plus i have 3 herniated disc's. I love to hunt, and deer is a passion fer me. So i got myself an Excal and i love it, wouldn't look back on the Bows nor shed a tear fer them! I have so much fun and enjoyment i don't miss the others![8D]
Old 08-05-2007, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Because I can hunt with it. But if it were'nt for that I'd be shooting one (two, actually) anyway. More fun than something legal has a right to be. Making my own strings, fletching bolts...my guin messin' and reloading is suffering big time.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I guess the main reason is cause its more fun and the people that shoot them are a nicer crowd, I am 70 and started when I built my first in 1962,with Geo Gurick's help I can and do shoot long and recurve and comound but the compound crowd is different than the others and not much fun. I also enjoy pistol and muzzle loader shootin,I even have a couple of high powers.
Old 08-05-2007, 07:53 AM

I have a " lifetime disabled permit" for the state of Pa.
Recently sold all of my recurves and compound bows.

I have never enjoyed a weapon more than an xbow.
BOB in Pa.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

At first the plan was to hunt with a compound bow that I won at an NRA raffle. I got comfortable with it until I went to shoot from a treestand. I did not like the feeling I had at all. I felt more comfortable being able to sit and shoot. And yes I do wear a safty harness. So I went out and got my crossbow and spent a couple years in the woods with it and have harvested 2 deer with it so far. This year is special though. I bought a groundblind cause my 5 year old sonis going with me this year. He has never been more excited about anything else before.
Old 08-05-2007, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

pwrstk350, you have been laying low fer a while.
Old 08-05-2007, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

pwrstk350, you have been laying low fer a while.
Yea we have had a lot going between doctor visits for the new baby on the way and buying a new house/moving. Things have been great though.

Quick Reply: Reason You Hav A Crossbow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.