HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Desert Stryker Pics
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Bigg~BirddVA
Fork Horn

Default RE: Desert Stryker Pics

I don't like complicated either. But I dislike strugling through a thicket with a stand on your back, xbow in hand and fighting all the way in and out while trying to be silent. Around here much of our land is logged out pine forests and it can brutally thick or impossible to get through to get to a tree you can actually climb. Any time I can slim down my profile I'll do it. I have an excal and the limbs got hung up enough for me to know that I wanted something smaller. So small it is.

Yes their ad guys are a bit extreme. It's hunting not war although at times I feel like I lost the war. I think they might be backing down a bit on it. I don't see any potential problems with the xbow. The trigger and all is the same. The chain drive cocking is gone on this model and I think that was the sorce of any issues with the first model they made. The few that have one an post have shot a bunch without isues. I think it was isolated or operator error. It is good to see something different enter the market and from a compound company makes it even better. Xbows can't be all that bad if a verticle bow company is making it. I think it's made a few look and wonder that BT is making an xbow and there must be more to it.

Here's 20 yds with the scope mounted before making any adjustments. Almost right out of the box.