Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Some more good news! >

Some more good news!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Some more good news!

Old 06-25-2007, 10:14 PM

Default Some more good news!

Did some shooting today at forty yards and was still nuts on! I have the lumizone set just above the 325 mark and hit the mark every time! I think on my target the black circles are 2 to 2 1/2 inches around, and every one was in there. I did have two five inches low but I realized I was using my thirty yard point on forty! These are also with the lighter arrows so I am pumped about the Danny arrows that should come tomorrow. One thing I think is strange about my vortex compared to my Horton is the depth on the arrow as I move back. With myHorton I would sink right up to the fletchings at ten yards, as I move back the arrow would go in less and less as I moved farther back. Makes sense right? Here is the weird part, the vortex sinks them in right up to the fletchings at ten yards, at forty the fletchings they are one inch away? What makes this bow carry its kinetic energy that far?
Old 06-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Some more good news!

It's Magic, lol
Old 06-25-2007, 10:35 PM

I like magic!! at least that kind!! LOL!!
Old 06-26-2007, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Iam useing one of my morrel (spl) bags and at 20 yrds My carbons go in about 1/2 way or alittle more...Iam useing the arrows the came in the right stuff pac....Iam going to try the 10 point carbons on Weds to see how they shoot...........
Old 06-27-2007, 08:59 PM

Shot some tonight with the new FFF string and the Danny arrows and did pretty great. As Dan had said I would gain speed with the FFF but lose some with the Danny arrows, but should still keep the same POI. I changed the string and let it stretch over night and My POI was right on! I Did great keeping all arrows inside the black circles but was not one holeing it since I had some wind coming up my back and from the left. Sometimes it was a good gust! Still happy and having fun! Will try and go to the in-laws Friday and do some good bench shooting out to fifty and post about that too!