Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Round Two!!

Old 06-26-2007, 11:00 AM

Default Round Two!!

Well I got all my goodies from Danny today. Nice looking arrows and the flemish looks cool on the CB! Here is the question for ya all. He spent alot of his time on the phone with me the other day to the point where I felt like I was keeping him from doing his job. I think I understood about half of what he said. Was curious if any of you guys have any scetches of the way Danny or Dan does it and post it here? I think I remember how to start it, and always go right to left, just not sure if I understand how to end it. If anyone wants to send it in PM's that is fine too. Just figured I would post it here and give Dans Inbox a breather! LOL!!
Old 06-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Round Two!!

Jason, are you talking about serving?
Old 06-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Typical Buck

LOL! I think he got so excited he forgot to say what he was talking about!
Can't be a serving already, if so he is a shooting machine!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper
LOL! I think he got so excited he forgot to say what he was talking about!
I first read Dons post and thought well duh, can't you read, and then I read yours and you hit the nail right on the head Dave! Sorry guys, it's the serving! LOL!!
Old 06-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Try this. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.a...25&mpage=1

I serve from right to left and turn the serving too clockwise if I look from the right side of the jig.

Old 06-26-2007, 12:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's how I do mine, right, wrong or indifferent.
1. mark string where serving starts and ends
2. Worm a round tooth pick between serving and string ala Smokepole\
3.Remove old serving being very careful not to cut any string.
4. split string about 1/4" inside rt side mark looking at string on jig
5. Tighten string in jig.
6. have enough tag end hasnging ou to grip well
7. make a few wraps from lt to rt going over string.
8. Reverse direction and go rt to left.
9. take about a foot or so of serving that you forgot to cut off before started, lol, and when you get about a 1/2" away from mark on left, serve over a loop about an inch long.
10. when you reach left hand mark, cut serving off spool and put about 4" thru loop
11 wrap thetwo tag ends of 4" looparound a screw driver and pull tag end back end back under last 1/2 " of serving and end up w/ tag end hanging out of served string.
12. ditto on the tag end where you started, cut both off close to string and hit w/ lighter.

There's a way you can do the finish side by making a loop and serving over it, i.e. skipping the separate piece of serving material you cut off to begin w/ to serve over, however, I got tired of trying it and went w/ old reliable. It also helps if you wax the 1' piece you are going to use to pull the tag end back thru, and I've found it works better still if you loosen the tension a tad on the serving spool for that last 1/2".

I had a bookmark on this but it no longer works.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Typical Buck

I found the directions I was given, it works good for me!

http://www.soton.ac.uk/~archclub/makestuff.php
Old 06-26-2007, 03:31 PM
Fork Horn

Hotburn,
Funny you should have posted this today. Today I spent some time building a string jig for reserving and I reserved my first crossbow string today following Don's instructions in the tread he provided. It came out great. Just print the thread and follow it step by step and it is a piece of cake. Don, thanks for posting the how to and Hotburn it might be time to update your signature.

HH
Old 06-27-2007, 09:06 PM

I have not wornitout yet but it is showing some wear. I think the one that came with the CB is the Endless loop Excel I think, maybe Darcon, some will correct me but the stock one has about 100 shots, maybe more and it is showing some "thinning" on the serving. I just put the new FFF on and shot some tonight and it is looking good. How many shots do you guys get before reserving on average? I know this is different for all but what is some numbers I should or can expect?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:57 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Jason, Jason, Jason. I get hundreds of shots out of my bows. But then I don't own a 225 lb bow. The most I've ever heard of is 265 shots by Scott Summer on his Exomax with my servings on my strings. The most he's gotten is 165 with his servings. I think 100 is the ultra max you will get out of a factory string/serving in a 225 lb bow. Dan will be a better source of the numbers. I wax my strings often.
Make a decent jig and learn to reserve your strings and you'll be a happy puppy!

Quick Reply: Round Two!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.