Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Trigger Juice

Old 06-25-2007, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trigger Juice

Found thid product some time ago called "Tri-Flow". On the order of WD-40, but much much better, has teflon microscopic balls suspended. Smell good too, lol I think I got mine at Mal-Wart, but the local one doesn't carry it any more, got a bike shop to order me a couple of cans. Had a nearly full can do a full gainer off work bench and destroy nozzle. Anyway, this stuff really smoothes out triggers and safeties. On top of that, I just saw a post on Excal where one of the regulars there has discovered it. Another little tip/trick. awhile back I think it was Lee that posted about trigger shoes. They are real wide and attatch to your trigger via two set screws. the wider deal itself helps alot plus you can position one just as low as possible toward inside of trigger guard, thereby lengthening your trigger, which provides a tad more leverage and in essance lightens the pull some. Matthias 72 on Italian site and Excal made a whole new trigger for his Emax to get the above named benefits.
My bike shop got a case of 12 oz cans of Tri-Flow, if ya can't find it anywhere, pm me and I'll get ya a can in the mail. no idea on price or shipping, but it's worth it IMHO
Old 06-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trigger Juice

I believe Tri-Flow uses a suspension of Teflon. I really like Tri-Flow because it is a CLP which says it all. The last time I bought mine was probably something short of ten years ago at a gun shop. It lasts a long time. Another "tune-up in a can I really like the molydblenum disulfide (Mos2). It is a black grease. It works awsome on triggers. I think it was made by Outers but Mos2 grease should work. Its the same stuff they coat bullets with. Whe I used to shoot lots of IPSC the revolver guys would buy a new revolver clean and lube it all up and then cycle the trigger hundreds of times before deciding to working on the trigger.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:25 PM

What type ofTRI-FLOW you guys using, went to there web site and they have about ten types of TR-FLOW. Are you guys using the dry spray or the kind that stays wet? Here is the web site I was on.

www.triflowlubricants.com
Old 06-25-2007, 01:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

It works good for me,I started using it about 12 ears a go on the wheels of a compound at a friends recommendation an now I use on muzzle loaders, guns and crossbows. but only on the mechanism NOT in the barrels. Lee
Old 06-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I didn't know they had so much. It was a pump bottle, moderately thick fluid and again was a CLP. I kind think they've expanded their line up.

Old 06-25-2007, 03:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

The one I'm referring to is the one near the middle of the products group that looks like a can of black spray paint [cap].
Old 06-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sold alot of Tri-Flow when I was in the auto parts biz...good stuff,still have a can at home....
Old 06-25-2007, 04:45 PM

Found some at a bike shop in town. seems like good stuff. Noticed the Teflon is called PTFE. I have a can some new 3-n-1 dry spray that has the same stuff in it. It too is a nice slick dry lube. Thanks for the bike advice, may have taken alot longer to find with out it.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

LPS also makes a good product but its more money.......
Old 07-24-2007, 09:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

we use BREAKFREE CLP...
in bores of our guns,we use SHEATH by birchwood /casey..

both you can get at wal-mart..

these 2 were only ones that had high marks in tests done on 1/2 inch plates..

i went to olympic skeet trails in arizona..
the only can of lube i saw on tables was BREAKFREE CLP...

i have TRI-FLOW for my mountain bikes when i raced over 15 years ago on chains, it is great stuff also...