Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Need Info: Horton Hunter Express SL Crossbow? >

Need Info: Horton Hunter Express SL Crossbow?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Need Info: Horton Hunter Express SL Crossbow?

Old 07-21-2007, 08:28 AM

Default Need Info: Horton Hunter Express SL Crossbow?

Hello,

Found a "Horton Hunter Express SL Crossbow" for sale on Craigslist. What does anyone know about this crossbow. I've looked on Hortons website but can not find this model which may mean it's old but if it's good is all that matters, right?

Thanks for your help.
Jim
Old 07-21-2007, 03:33 PM

Default RE: Need Info: Horton Hunter Express SL Crossbow?

Is it so obsolete that no one has heard of it? This would be my first CB, so I'm not sure what to look at or expect. If I enjoy the sport will probably upgrade but until then I need help. If it is in good mechanical condition is it worth the $150 there asking? Includes 6 bolts and peep sight, shoulder strap and quiver. Let me know your thoughts. Seems to me it would be a good place to start????

Thanks again,
Jim
Old 07-21-2007, 03:47 PM

I dont know much about the crossbows except what I have read. I looked at this one and did some searches and didnt find much. It is an older bow but if you can look at it before buying it you would probably be better off. I dont think it is sold anymore. Offer him a 100. He also said he would not ship it. You would have to pick it up so you could look prior to buying. I know not much help........
Old 07-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a deal to me! I know it's an older horton, and have read a little about it, nothing bad. Hotburn is our resident Horton guy [among others]. He's said on more than one occasion the older Hortons had aluminum rails and were better than newer non metal ones. He may be familiar w/ this one, shoot him a pm, guy has a xbow habit and works weird hours, lol.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:27 AM

Ya gotta love swing shift!! I remember the old expresses, but a SL express does not ring a bell. For a 150 bucks it should do you just fine to get your feet wet and start out with. Just try and look the limbs over real good for anything obvious. My old supper mag was new when I was 16 and I just turned 31 a few weeks ago and it still shoots good. You may not have top shelf but I don't think for 150 bucks you will be let down either.
Old 07-22-2007, 12:33 AM

Also forgot to add... I may have been shooting a Horton for a while, but I would not go as far as saying the resident. After all I did just start to have a affair with a Excal>>> LOL!!!
Old 07-22-2007, 04:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have just come off searching google and best i can tell that model hasn't been built in past 5 years. I do remember seeing them and reading ads. It wasn't the top op of their line, but it wasn't a bad Bow. Make sure if you can look at it and cock and shoot it, that limbs string and cabes wheels are all in good working order. If not you could easily put another $150-200 in it getting it rigged out to shoot. That kind of money total would get you a new CB![:-]
Old 07-22-2007, 08:47 AM

I can't help with that model but my dealings with Horton customer service has been very good. They replaced a part which I broke because of stupidity....and they knew it but still replaced the part N/C anyway.
Old 07-23-2007, 04:50 PM

I have a Horton Express. According to the factory it is 14 years old. It will put a bolt into a 3" circle at 20 yards with 71#of Ke. If there is a serial number on the cb, call the factory and they will tell you all about it. Old does not mean that it is not good. Horton as well as most of the cb makers give good customer service. Horton has an email question link. I have received answers within 24 hours, weekends excluded. Mine was almost new as far as use was concerned when i bought it a couple of years ago. Good luck

navydad
so many bolts, so little time to shoot them all.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:36 AM

I bought it! Now What? I ended up giving $130.00 and by my best guess it was a good deal. I did contact Horton and they informed me it was manufactured in 1997 and it is/was 165lb @ 300fps. For 10 years old it looks really good and so far shoots nice. I've ordered more bolts, and a red dot. Soon as that stuff arrives I'll test the snot out of it!!

Quick Reply: Need Info: Horton Hunter Express SL Crossbow?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.