Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 No surgery Today..Only can happpen to ME. >

No surgery Today..Only can happpen to ME.

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

No surgery Today..Only can happpen to ME.

Old 06-20-2007, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default No surgery Today..Only can happpen to ME.

Ok so I just got home from the Hospital,been there since 9:00am-2:30pm.The (spl)Nuroligest/surgen re-evald my MRI from The other DOC(I would like to call him something else,but I wont...Jerk)andhe said my disc's wernt bad enough for surgery,,OK.Thank my higher Power..then they talk and get me over to the Orthapedic Doctor/surgen on a fast track and both agree that I need another MRI on my shoulder.He(orthapedic Doc)did some test on me and saidI have severe Rotorcup damage.They gave me two shots in the neck and one in the shoulder to try and help the pain untill the Orthapedic Doc calls me on Friday with the MRI resaults to conferm surgery or not.LET THE Game Begin......Anyway I think they are going to more then likely have todo surgery on my rotorcup,The doctor talk to me for awhile at the end and said that its realy bad and that I will probley never be able to draw a bow back again or atleast for quit a few yrs if at all,then he started to tell me about BOWS ...Yes thats right BOWS(it was in the report that I was a avid bowhunter)about speacial ones for people that cant draw back anymore,then I told him that I have 2 crossbowsthat Ive just gotten,he said good and that the 2yr permit that I was getting will more then likely go well beyond that.....He said I might only get about 60%-75% of movement back,right now they said Iam at around 45%..
He also told me not to lift or over extend myright arm,witch means NO Motorcycle or ATV riding for me,He said the Polais Ranger was ok to drive around and driving in general was ok as long as it didnt cause more pain.

So thats it in a nut shell....
Thanks guys for being here.......
My Vortex sould be here tomorrow......I hope.......Need to see if I can cock it with the rope cocker or if I need to get a crank for it...
Old 06-20-2007, 05:26 PM

Default RE: No surgery Today..Only can happpen to ME.

Good luck with your surgery.
And no it just can't happen to you.
I had a 100% tear of my rotator cuff a few years ago, underwent surgery and spent 6 months in rehap. I was left with 80% disabilityof my right arm although I don't feel any weaker than I did before I tore it. I can throw a ball but just cant get the 45# recurve to full draw.
I had to give up the vertical bow and apply for a Xbow disability exemption.
I'm kinda excited about it, just cock it and get in the tree. Let the other guys practice instintive shooting. I'll just put the dot on um and squeeze one off.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

It works for me,best thing that ever happened to this old man!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just put a post on the Traditional thread about a upcomming package Trad deal Iam putting together to sell,one of you might now someone or another that might be interested...
Old 06-20-2007, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ranger: When I tore my rotator I could work my arm fine down low, just not from shoulder level on up. shorten your rope cocker up so you have to pull the string back 3-5" to get the 2nd hook on, doesn't take a whole lot of effort in the first stages of cocking a recurve. if you need a crank type, I got a nearly new one that I'll make you a great deal on, pm me.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:20 PM

Ranger:

Good news about your neck . Sorry to hear about your shoulder , I hope it all works out well for you. Good luck with your new xbow.
Old 06-20-2007, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Eddie
UPS cant get here fast enough for me...Hopefully I will be shooting both the Vortex and the ProFusion Saturday if all goes well and there is no pain..........He told me not to even think about doing any phys labor for awhile so I will have to higher someone to shingle my garage roof.....bummer more wasted money...
Old 06-20-2007, 11:13 PM

Did you buy a Profusion also? You are a busy man! Hey, how is the new job working out for you? If I remember right didn't you start a new job a while back closer to home at a boat shop? Just curious.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:24 AM
Typical Buck

Sounds like your a busy man down there! Stay with it, I am sure it will work out fine.
Old 06-21-2007, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Jason.....I bought the ProFousion 4-5 months ago......If I cant shoot compound or recurve anymore then I wanted the best of both in Crossbow,well just about the best anyway.....NO the both are the best....