Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

good news

Old 06-10-2007, 08:34 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

Default good news

I got my permit in the mail yesterday, so now that its official has anybody seen any good deals around on a vixen?

I guess I wouldnt be against a phoenix either, in fact I've been kind of looking at them too, but the biggest thing I'm going to be hunting is whitetail deerand from what I understandI wont need anything more than a vixen for that, so thatswhat I'm after...
Old 06-10-2007, 08:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: good news

Glad to see you get your permit,now get out and enjoy using it,congrats!
Old 06-10-2007, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats, KLS. Glad the state saw fit to let you come and join us. Look forward to seeing lots of post and lots of questions from you on the site. Good luck on finding your bow.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:15 PM

I got my vixen and the right stuff package from bowhunters superstore. They have a website where you can order or you could visit their ebay store. I saved about $30 on the bow and package by ordering via ebay as opposed to their site. Worth every penny!
Old 06-13-2007, 10:15 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

well, I ordered a phoenix today, I was going to go with a vixen but for an extra $60 I figured I'd probably be a little more happy with the phoenix, my wife even told me to get the phoenixinstead ofthe vixen, so I guess thats what it is...

it should be here sometime early next week, I cant wait...
Old 06-14-2007, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on both....
Old 06-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Wee doggies son, got yer permit thats great and an Excal Phoenix! Yer smoking! Way to go, enjoy it i do.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:21 PM
KLS
Fork Horn

well I got my crossbow,the bow itself I really like however while I was putting it together I noticed that it has afair sizedchip in the trigger guard, it almost looks like someone dropped it on something or dropped something on it somewhere along the line...
it didnt happen during shipping because the box is fine and I doubt it happened while it was at thecompany I bought it from because from what I can tellit was never taken out of the boxuntil Itook it out, that leads me to beileve that it must have happened somewhere along the line during the manufacture/packaging of it at the factory...

Excalibur was closed by the time I called so I'm going to have to give them a call tomorrow, I'm going to call the business I bought it from too but to be honest I dont think that they're responsible for the damage, but I hope somewhere along the line something can be done by one or the other of these two companies...

I was picking strands of fiberglass and paint chipsfrom in and around itbut I dont think its anything to worry about structural-wise, however,it is a fairly noticible cosmetic flaw and(call me picky) I really dont want to pay almost $400 for something that has a big cosmetic flaw in it, if it gets chips in it anddamage done to it I would like to be the one that does it seeings as I'm the one who paid for it...

I bought just the bare bow and dont have any arrows or anything else for it yet so Ihavent fired it(I havent even taken it outside...)but I did put the string on it,in fact after I noticed that chip I just put it in the closet and haventtouched it since...

it kind of bums me out I have to deal with this now, I suppose if it came right down to it I could just keep it and live with the flaw but I really would like to get it taken care of... I hear Excalibur is a pretty good company to deal with so I hope something can be done without a constant fight between these two companies with everyone blaming everyone else and three months of shipping my crossbow back and forth...

Old 06-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Call Dan Miller the Excal USA rep. He my have you send the stock to him fer a new one or the whole Bow. ph.740-483-2312