Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Fred Bear F340 questions >

Fred Bear F340 questions

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Fred Bear F340 questions

Old 05-28-2007, 05:10 PM

Default Fred Bear F340 questions

I used to bowhunt alot, took a 167 P&Y back in 04 with a mathews lx but have since got out of hunting and sold all my bows and archery gear. I bought a home now where deer and bear frequentalot but really did not wish to get started again and wanted to get something that had decent range, 35 yards or so and I bought on ebay a Fred Bear F340 that the seller had perfect feedback and the crossbow has the new trigger system. He stated it had the R on the bar which designates it should be ok. I had read a few articles that said this crossbow is smoking fast and a really good crossbow but I am curious on does anyone here have any knowledge of them. Per what I can tell Bear does not sell crossbows anymore, is that true? This thing sold for close to 650 bucks new and I bought it brand new for 375 with scope, quiver, bolts and cocking aide. All I want is something of good quality to keep around the house the early weeks of the season in case a big bruin or P&Y or Booner comes thru, nail him from the back deck, no less. Thanks for any inputs. FDM
Old 05-29-2007, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Fred Bear F340 questions

FDM, Congrats on the 167 and welcome to the forum. I don't know anything about your xbow, other than it will do the job out to 35 yds. you might check w/ the guys on the xbow forum on AT, there are even some dealers on there. Good luck!
Old 05-29-2007, 09:40 AM

Does P&Y recognize crosbow kills? I remember someone complaining about that a while back, but I forgot to ask about it.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

Does P&Y recognize crosbow kills? I remember someone complaining about that a while back, but I forgot to ask about it.
P&Y does not allow xbow kills in their books, but B&C does and the ACF has a big game record book for xbows. At one time not too long ago, P&Y was working on getting xbows illegal for any hunting. Not a nice friendly bunch, but there is only 7700 of them and alot of them don't give a hoot, lol.