Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Sling

Old 05-10-2007, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

Default Sling

Looking for a sling or sling mount that would let me carry my x-bow with the limbs parr. to my body as opposed to the limbs going across my shoulders. Hope this makes sense. I do most of my hunting from a climbing stand. Almost impossible to carry with standard sling...Thanks for any help...Bill
Old 05-10-2007, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Sling

Bill, not quite sure what you are after, but I have one that's advertised in HBM called a "Carry at the Ready" that I don't use and would part w/. Basically the bow hangs down in front of you, horizontal, and the sling stays outta the way if you need to just lift it up and take a shot. It would work alotbetter in more open timber than I have. It uses a bracket u bolted to one side or the other of the stirrup, then has a rod [easily detachable] that sticks straight up which inturn carries a portion of the sling that cannot drop down to interfer w/ string/arrow/shot. pm me if this is what you need we can work a good deal on it!
Old 05-10-2007, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

Dan, Had one of those, returned it. What i'm looking for would allow me to carry my bow up side down ( stock up) if you will, turning the limbs to the front and rear instead of shoulder to shoulder. Sorry so confussing..[8D]Bill
Old 05-11-2007, 02:45 PM

What do you think aboyt this one?
You can mount the crossbow up side down if you want.

Old 05-11-2007, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

b-heads to close to neck, imho, but that has as much to do w/ quiver mount as sling. I've had a few come loose on me, not a fun thing.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:19 AM
Fork Horn

Will not be able to carry my climbing stand with that sling. Think I have got it figured out. Will do some more tinkering with my idea. Bill