Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 o hell, here we go again.......... >

o hell, here we go again..........

Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

o hell, here we go again..........

Old 03-22-2007, 08:46 AM

Default o hell, here we go again..........

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.com/forums/showthread.php?p=158230&posted=1#post158230
Old 03-22-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: o hell, here we go again..........

They be dug in tighter then a nasty dog tick! It ain't gonna help them, CB's will overcome! []
Old 03-22-2007, 10:49 AM

smoke i jus watched a video, of the Lone Star Bow Hunting president in front of the committie board and it seems to me, the committiee is for the crossbow in archery........the LSBA kept saying we jus dont want them in the archery season, their are not DEFINED as an archer, so the committie said yea, i member when the tradtional ppl felt that way bout compounds, like 35 yrs ago.......so thats ur only complaint is that the defintion is not right?..........lol
Old 03-23-2007, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

It's not that big of a deal. Bow season here is only a month long. Less than that if you are scared to go out on the final weekend of bow season, because it just happens to be concurrent with the youth rifle season.[:-] (Which was probably the stupidist idea ever to spring forth from the mental invalids at Texas Parks and Wildlife.) Bowhunters were lucky to have limited that to only the last weekend. The original proposal was for EACH weekend of bow season to be youth rifle season.

Frankly, it's not going to be much of a 'victory' for anybody, whichever way it turns out, because I'm sure October is going to be incorporated into the general season in the not too distant future. Too much money from the big game ranches are pushing the TPWD commission in that direction.

Just to muddy the waters some... I'm a member of an all traditional archery club. Since my shoulders don't let me shoot a bow any longer, I take my homemade replica midieval crossbow to shoot. It's gone to every tournament our club has put on for the past couple of years, even a couple of sanctioned Traditional Bowhunters of Texas tournaments. No class for it, certainly, but they have no problem with me shooting for kicks and giggles.

I've not gotten even one negative comment about it. Quite the contrary. There is always a great deal of interest and always a few people wanting to try it out.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Arthur, last I remember you were just getting started building that bow, have you got some pics of it?? Sorry if I missed them somewhere, but would like to see it. Thanks
Old 03-23-2007, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't taken a single pic of it since I got it finished. Been too busy shootin' it. I'll get some posted up for you in the next day or so.