Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 I am going to try a vertical bow.. >

I am going to try a vertical bow..

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

I am going to try a vertical bow..

Old 02-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

Default I am going to try a vertical bow..

While I was at the range today I had the opportunity to try the owners sons Hoyt.. Wow.. That was fun!
My first arrow was a tad off, but the next 3 all went straight to the bulls eye, not only was it easy to shoot the thing was so light I could hardly tell I was holding anything! It was a bit small for me, I had to bend my arm funny to get a good look through the sights, but once I got a feel for it I was pretty impressed.
I will never give up my crossbow, but I will certainly be happy to try that end of archery as well. I could carry that thing around all day without breaking a sweat.
If anyone sees a Hoyt (don't know why, but I like Hoyt's) for sale for a decent price let me know, I have my sights set on a Vetrix for spring/summer but wouldn't mind playing with another one in the meantime.

Old 02-27-2007, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I am going to try a vertical bow..

Nope, don't try it!! I ain't believing that for one gol-dang minute!! I been readin everywhere how much time and practise and dedication it takes to shoot one of them, and how my xbow is an unfair advantage cause a newbie can just put one together and be stacking them up an hour later. Just when I was startin to like your prevaricating butt!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Hey Dan, Don is the culprit!He's the one who is converting David.LOL
Old 02-27-2007, 03:49 PM
Typical Buck

Nobody is converting me..lol
I spent countless hours setting up my crossbow to make the thing shoot straight, only to pick up a vertical for the first time in my life and whack the bullseye 4 out of 5 shots..

My crossbow is shooting straight by the way..

I promise that if I do decide to buy one I won't turn into a jacka$$, because I know the truth.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:16 PM

well, i shot vertical, for about 4 yrs, loved it, owned bout 3 diffrent bows, but "then i seen tha light", and thought to myself(mental note to self) dayum i like sittin on my butt and shootin, imma have to get me a xbow.....and i did.........and i aint going back to vertical, my butt likes to sit in the horizontal positsion to much..........
Old 02-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Fork Horn

Eh piper after yrs of xbows i gota compound and missed a monster then went back to xbows and i nailed a monster so then i just went out and bought a new comp that weights 3 pds then some with the extras on it. so my goal is to try and get something with it as it quiet light and reasonably fast i shoot a barnett quad 300a and its fast noise but its got me lots of deer now im going to try this pse bruin compound bow. I hunt a golf course and theres tones of deer with lots of raviens and hill sides so i dont blame you but one thing is ill never leave old faithful home as i KNOW IT WILL DO THE JOB. heheheheheheh back me up barnett boys gals.
Old 02-27-2007, 10:44 PM
Typical Buck

vertical bows are evil.....i know, i shot them for 30 years.[8D]
Old 02-27-2007, 11:09 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: shewe

vertical bows are evil.....i know, i shot them for 30 years.[8D]
Hey Shewe, they havecome a long way since the Long Bow!
Old 02-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Pydpiper

only to pick up a vertical for the first time in my life and whack the bullseye 4 out of 5 shots..
Hey, you ought to try it like an Apache andshoot it Horizontal?
Old 02-28-2007, 01:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

How do you think I feel.23 yrs of shooting compound, recurve & longbow.Look at me now a owner of a TenPoint,never thought I would own a crossbow and now you guys are talkin vertical .......Man I am confused .......NOT.
Have the best of both worlds.....Why not if you can draw a vertical bow.

Quick Reply: I am going to try a vertical bow..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.