Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 horton steelforce 150? >

horton steelforce 150?

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

horton steelforce 150?

Old 02-13-2007, 04:44 PM

Default RE: horton steelforce 150?

OK, I figured it out. The broadhead was a Spitfire. I can't remember nuthin' but Google works real good.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:57 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome, guys. I'll be around.

I hope I'll have something to say in the turkey forums a few weeks from now. It's scoutin' time!
Old 02-13-2007, 05:08 PM

hey Reb, u posted this ......* Deer dog training season in the South and Central hunting zones is Oct. 2-21 and in the Northwest Hunting Zone Oct. 30 – Nov. 18.
. and now i jus gotta ask ya, wth is deer dog training, yall take a deer an train him to be a dog, or take the dog an train him to be a deer?.......im so curious on this 1
Old 02-13-2007, 05:36 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Horton steelforce 150?

ORIGINAL: todhunter

hey Reb, u posted this ......* Deer dog training season in the South and Central hunting zones is Oct. 2-21 and in the Northwest Hunting Zone Oct. 30 – Nov. 18.
. and now i just gotta ask ya, what is deer dog training, yall take a deer an train him to be a dog, or take the dog an train him to be a deer?.......im so curious on this 1
Tex, if you're not aHemorrhoid, get off my Butt?
Old 02-13-2007, 05:47 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txhoghunter

. and now i jus gotta ask ya, wth is deer dog training, yall take a deer an train him to be a dog, or take the dog an train him to be a deer?.......im so curious on this 1
TX, yourself and Smoke all understand a completely different language. LOL!
Old 02-13-2007, 05:49 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Horton steelforce 150?

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog
Tex, if you're not aHemorrhoid, get off my Butt?
That's too funny Reb. You and I have to go to a bar with a few others and have a laugh some day!
Old 02-13-2007, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya gotstid that right, we from south are different culturally! Its hard to explain ya just have to have been raised down here to knowed what were talkin bout!
Old 02-14-2007, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Horton Stag Recurve! Not new but sure is fun shooting in the back yard,I'd take a deer with it if one gave me a shot.I figure it's like the Steel force,not a great trigger or many bells and whistles but with practice they would both work within reason.Horton limits mine to use with 17" arrows,feather vanes,and 100gr. heads and recommend only the aluminum shafts.I have some fiber shafts with plastic fletchings and they work fine for plinking.There is a difference in the fiber/aluminum shaft shooting,I have a cheat sheet to tell me how each hits different.I'm not handicaped so I'm limited to hunting deer in Texas with a CB only during general season.I'm a firm believer that bows are fun and can be hunted with but I mostly prefer firearms,if a bow was a great idea we would have native Americans on currency instead of dead presidents! LOL
Old 02-14-2007, 09:04 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

RL, welcome to the forum. I love wacking things with my firearms too but hunting with a bow will make you a better hunter. Have you tried hunting with your crossbow?
Old 02-14-2007, 10:47 PM

Hunting with my CB was the best thing I ever did. It has been the most crucial tool for me in my life in teaching me patience. I used to think the only way to go was a 870 12 ga and five shells ready for the cracking. Now the 870 collects dust and its mainly the CB, the50 cal knight, and my little 22 magnum! If your game is only to shoot one animal per day like a deer, then being able to shoot more then one shot means you know in your heart that your first one will suck! This may be going of course, but that is the thing I find most rewarding about the CB, it thought me patience and shot placement!

Quick Reply: horton steelforce 150?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.