Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Practice, practice practice.. >

Practice, practice practice..

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Practice, practice practice..

Old 01-26-2007, 06:02 AM
Typical Buck

Default Practice, practice practice..

Just curious how much time the average guy spends practicing their shooting? I recently read somewhere someone saying they have been shooting arrows for over 20 years, If they practice daily or even weekly that would (should) be the making of a pretty good shot..
In my short time shooting arrows, less than 2 months, I have exceeded over 2500 shots, I have grown so bored with target shooting that I have now begun to practice shooting while walking, figure that should help my balance once I actually stop.
I just can't get enough of shooting my crossbow, it's first on my mind in the morning and last when I turn in, tweaking this, adjusting that.. I really need to expand my horizon past my back yard...
How often do you shoot?
Old 01-26-2007, 06:07 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Practice, practice practice..

David, admitting that you have a problem is a good start, Now you have to find a doctor................ hehehehe There's no cure until you get a hunting licence! The the cure will be yodies!
Old 01-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I try to shoot an hour a week, but past 2 weeks i haven't shot it once, blame it on my Mrs.When it warms up it will go up to 2 or 3 hours a week! I have a 3-D deer that looks as if it was in a major fire fight!
Old 01-26-2007, 10:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a mini 3-D course set up in my yard(5 targets),I walk around and just shoot withno realyardage(recurve and longbow),board with compound.
If its not too windy I will blow up ballons and put them on the ground and shoot them,its kinda like shooting rabbit(the ballons just move around the yard)good practice.Also we've taken my RC trk and tied a ballon behind that,is fast and fun,also taken a dog training dummy and tied behind it to,just make sure the rope is long enough so you dont hit the RC.(a arrow sticking out of a 560.00 dollor RC isnt a good feeling).
But right now Iam in limbo due to my neck and arm[:@].

just afew ideas to run with.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:48 AM

Wouldn't you really only need to shoot like 3 bolts the day before hunting opener and good to go? I mean that is what many do for rifle season?
Old 01-26-2007, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

U funny guy RL.
seen that too.
Old 01-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Red Lion

Wouldn't you really only need to shoot like 3 bolts the day before hunting opener and good to go? I mean that is what many do for rifle season?
Surely you jest?? What can you tell by 3 shots??
Old 01-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

I think he was jesting Awshuks.. By the looks of Rangers post something was said in another thread about it..

I am sure there are people out there who think thats all that is nessasary, sad, but true.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

I shot my xbow to tune all my arrows to heads than make sure the scope is on . Do number of long shots. Than I hunt.

Compound I shoot few arrows a week to keep my str up.Than shoot a lot be for sep.

I gess thinking of it to hunt I do shoot a lot of arrows.
Old 01-27-2007, 10:22 AM

I will put mine down for a while here pretty soon. Will start to play with my hand loads and centerfires in late March early April and do that until sometime in late July or August and pull out the CB again and shoot it two to three times a week for about a hour or so until hunting season starts.

Quick Reply: Practice, practice practice..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.