Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

weasel hunting

Old 01-10-2007, 05:12 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default weasel hunting

I read some thing somewhere about weasels. Does anyone know anything about weasels? Are they really bold and tough or are they like sniveling little creatures? I just want to know because I think I saw one recently but it was a while ago.
Old 01-10-2007, 06:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: weasel hunting

Dnk: I think they are nocturnal. Most people trap them. Don't think they are worth much, but often turn up in mink sets. They were a problem in Illinois, dang chicken killers!!! You gonna hunt em w/ xbow?? Probably need little broadheads, lol. [And red lens light, if legal]
Old 01-10-2007, 07:12 PM
Typical Buck

I don't know much about them, Only ever seen one..
A frat house in London, some guys dropped one down the chimney into their buddies (?) house, and the thing never made it past the flu, had to come out through the fireplace.
I don't know what they act like in the wild, but I do know that if you ever find one thats already mad, I would vote on the bold and tough.
Old 01-10-2007, 08:19 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

I know they are vermon and they stink because they have glands like a skunk. I was wondering because in Kitchener a person I know has a chicken farm and they get into the big building and kill a whole wack of birds. I know that as a general rule that they get poisoned but I was wondering if anyone ever wacked them with a weapon? Hey Squirrel, you live on a farm. Ever see one?
Old 01-10-2007, 10:54 PM

Fishers weasels and martins are mostly trapped but you can pink at them with your xbow. I shot a couple of fishers that were raiding the chiken coops on my cousin's place. Used my Vixen with judo heads , kills 'em quick and not as messy.
Old 01-11-2007, 01:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'v shot a few with a 22 getting my Pa's hens when i was younger. They be nite critters and bloody and smell bad when riled up!
Old 01-11-2007, 06:08 PM

They suck!! I hate them cause they seem to like to pray on there own young!
Old 01-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Last question about this, well maybe not, do weasels smell bad enough to smell when they are hiding or not seen? So if one was in the middle of a bunch of smelly chickens does the weasel stench out power the chicken stink?Correct me if I am wrong but they smell like skunks don't they?
Old 01-21-2007, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first experience w/ weasels came at the tender age of about 5 or 6. I was at my grand parents along long time ago, lol. Went to help Granny get the eggs and there were a few dead chickens and a weasel in the chicken house. Can't remember where she got her old gnarled hands on the garden hoe, but vividly recall her chasing the weasel around the chicken house w/ hoe. There were chickens flying every where, dust and chicken crap getting flung every where and still Granny would hoe, hoe, hoe after that weasel. Can't even remember who won, Granny or the weasel, lol. Some how I think this may have scarred me for life, as ever since that day, every time Christman comes around and some Santa anywhere says "Ho, Ho, Ho," I still see Granny and her hoe chasing that weasel.
Old 01-21-2007, 08:22 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: awshucks

My first experience w/ weasels came at the tender age of about 5 or 6. I was at my grand parents along long time ago, lol. Went to help Granny get the eggs and there were a few dead chickens and a weasel in the chicken house. Can't remember where she got her old gnarled hands on the garden hoe, but vividly recall her chasing the weasel around the chicken house w/ hoe. There were chickens flying every where, dust and chicken crap getting flung every where and still Granny would hoe, hoe, hoe after that weasel. Can't even remember who won, Granny or the weasel, lol. Some how I think this may have scarred me for life, as ever since that day, every time Christman comes around and some Santa anywhere says "Ho, Ho, Ho," I still see Granny and her hoe chasing that weasel.

Quick Reply: weasel hunting

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.