Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 hunting store?!?!?! >

hunting store?!?!?!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

hunting store?!?!?!

Old 01-06-2007, 07:28 PM

Default hunting store?!?!?!

I cant recall the name of that hunting store with good prices in the US, the one where some of you guys bought the phoenix from for $349...im thinkin about having a hang-on stand shipped into ontario if the price is better than it is at bass pro here, along with a dozen of those climbing steps...can someone please tell me lol the name seems to have slipped my mind

Thanks,
Mike

Old 01-06-2007, 07:32 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: hunting store?!?!?!

You might want to check into climbing stands or ladder stands as well.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:34 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Impossible

I cant recall the name of that hunting store with good prices in the US, the one where some of you guys bought the phoenix from for $349...im thinkin about having a hang-on stand shipped into ontario if the price is better than it is at bass pro here, along with a dozen of those climbing steps...can someone please tell me lol the name seems to have slipped my mind

Thanks,
Mike
Sometimes it's cheaper to buy it there, when you add the shipping costs for the item to Canada it might cost you more!
Old 01-06-2007, 07:42 PM

It was WWW.Bowhunterssuperstore.com Its a great site!

Edit: Sorry messed it up three times, it should be ok now!
Old 01-06-2007, 07:47 PM

thats the one lol thx...by the way DNK i bought a ladder stand and used it for the last 2 years, and dislike it because it is hard to set up and move during the season without really disturbing the property. Also, the climbers are not good for the property i hunt, since almost all the trees are pines w/branches @ the bottom 15-20 ft, making it hard to use a climber lol...a hang-on would work well though.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:00 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Be carefull. The hangers can be dangerous. Lots of injuries associated with them. What was the problem with the ladder stand BTW?
Old 01-07-2007, 07:48 AM

too hard to get up and move during the season in the thick area i hunt in.
Old 01-07-2007, 08:17 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Geeze and here I am, I just got rid of a simple tree stand. No cushion or side rails or back rest. I've given my hanger away (I just hated the time, effort and danger in putting it up) and I am looking for another ladder stand.
Old 01-07-2007, 10:48 AM

I to stopped using hang ons cause how dangerous they are to put up. I suppose if you are doing it in a pine you would have lots of branches to stand on and hang onto, it may feel better. I almost fell out of the last one I ever used and have not got into one since. Now I just put ladders up and leave them. This year I plan on buying some one inch square tubing and fabricating my own and setting up at least two new ones at the swamp spot for next season. But you are right, moving a ladder stand makes alot of ruckus in the woods and may take some getting used to for the deer.