Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New arrows

Old 12-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: New arrows

Isee you figured it out, w/ tip. Your excals will have lower foc, they are 71 gr lighter in the front than the ones w/ brass inserts. I shoot slick tric ks, got lots better accuracy from them, w/ a glitch or two, lol. Which ever b-head you use, it is real important that it doesn't have any wobble when you spin it. After I made a deal to check wobble, I read on another forum how you can epoxy four marbles to a piece of 2X4 to make your own.

Supposedly, too high of an FOC will affect your longer range accuracy. I'll know more when I test these Blazers at 50 yds. They were real good at 30, so think I'll be ok at 50. The Slicks I use are 100 gr 1 1/8" diameter.
Again, Danny Miller turned me onto them. He calls them "the best b-head in the world" lol. Did you know they claim most Excals have a"sweet spot" when the brace height is between 1 1/8" and 1 1/4" from end of rail?
Seems to be true on both my Phoenix and the Emax.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:21 AM

I never knew about that sweet spot lol, but with the excals you dont need it..theyre already perfect.

I just went out n shot the 100gr 3blade Muzzys at 20 yards and after a little adjustment to my peep sight theyre shootin balls on lol..if i was shooting any tighter groups the blades would be hittin each other lol...

Took my old styrofoam target apart cuz the center was shot thru so much that i lost one of my old GT's after it blew threw the target..thats why i bought the new arrows ..they shoot great...built a new target and thought it would blow through for shure...all i did was stuff a box with cardboard and newspaper...works better than the old one lol stops the arrows after they penetrate about 9"...anyway thx for the help and good shootin
Old 12-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Typical Buck

measure for foc with the tip you will be using. i honestly have not found a lot of difference in arrow flight or point of impact by altering foc.i experimented with fletch position and foc years ago and to be honest....i think it's over rated since you've got to go out of your way to move foc out of the accepted 10%-20& range. as long as the front of your arrow is heavier than the rear.....the point will hit the target first.....lol