Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Vair-Zone is coming today.... >

Vair-Zone is coming today....

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Vair-Zone is coming today....

Old 10-26-2006, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Vair-Zone is coming today....

Any tips on setting it up?
Old 10-26-2006, 07:20 AM

Default RE: Vair-Zone is coming today....

Its not to hard to set it up. Just make sure you have your crosshairs straight and not cocked to one side or the other. When I did mine I just set the main cross hair at twenty yards and dialed it in within a few shots no problems. Then I set the speed ring on the back to what I thought my CB was and backed up to thirty yards. Then just fired a few and made an adjustment. If I remember right I think if you hit high at thirty you turn the speed ring up and if low you turn it down. Thirty yards is easy to get but when you back up to fifty that ring is really sensitive and a little goes a long way if ya know what I mean. When you get it set at fifty your forty and thirty will still be right on and you will be good to go. The only thing I would recommend and I think I got it from Dan is after you get it set take a nail or something and scribe a mark on the speed ring so you know where it needs to be set because there is no way to lock it down and it can be turned by accident. Don't worry, you will be happy when it comes, that scope is great!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a small tip for ya. As you may know, your xbow will shoot the most accurate when the limbs are held level. Any scope will help one hold their bow level if the bow is real level while the xhairs are adjusted [by twisting scope] so cross hair is level which makes vert hair "plumb". I put my bows limbs on sandbags and put a small torpedo level on the rail and align my vert hait to a string hanging on a plumb bob at any distance you can see the string. Once you do this, when you look through the scope to take a shot, if you guesstimate the verticle hair plumb, you are automatically holding your limbs level. A good procedure to follow is to barely snug rings, then get your eye relief set by sliding scope, then do the above last. Good Luck, let us know if you have any problems.
Old 10-26-2006, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great TIPS guys.. Sounds like they may save me lots of trouble.. i'm gonna definately do both of them...
Old 10-26-2006, 09:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hotburn: The screw on the speed ring will tighten it down, but be gentle!! lol.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:10 AM

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Thanks Dan! I read the directions honest![:-]
Old 10-26-2006, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

ORIGINAL: awshucks

Thanks Dan! I read the directions honest![:-]
Well, I got two of them NIB, and never read the instructions either time, cause I knew it all, lol. It wasn't til I got the Paradox w/ V-zone not too long ago and found the speed ring didn't want to turn, so thought I'd try loosening the screw and voila!! So Jason, don't feel like the Lone Stranger, lol.
Old 10-26-2006, 05:59 PM

I got one last week and put it on my older Horton CB. Even with the scope all the way forward, it was still too close. I stopped at a Proshop and picked up a cheap ($14) butt pad. Man it made all the difference in the world. I could really pull the stock against my shoulder. Just that extra inch was all I needed. I am much happier with it! I went shooting yesterday and shot a lot. Dead on! Very comfortable to shoot and I liked the added light and magnification.

It does have a "floaty" in the scope that has obsured my view twice. I called the factory rep and he was great. Being fully aware that we are in the middle of hunting season and that the bow was all sighted in, he said I could wait and he would replace it whenever I wanted. So I didn't have to take it off and return it now. I'll do that right after I get that big buck. LOL.