Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Warranty Work!

Old 10-17-2006, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Warranty Work!

How long have u had yer CB? What brand is it? When or if u have ever had repair work done to it?Did u buy it new or used?Mine is an Excal Phoenix, i have had it abit over a year. Haven't had any work or repairs on it.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:16 AM

Default RE: Warranty Work!

My old Supermag is going on fourteen years old I think, I am thirty this year and me and Dad were talking in the ground blind the other day and we think I got it for sixteenth birthday or Christmas. I shoot that bow for Ten years I think with only replacing the serving twice if I remember right and at the ten year mark I took it to the local shop and had the cable upgrade and a new string put on it. Cables were starting to crack and I had heard the upgrade added 10 FPS. It came with a new string.

Now when Horton started selling the super max I got the itch for something faster and newer. The new ones had alot better trigger on them and that was another reason I wanted a new one. I have not had any problems with it to date also, other then I put my first serving on it about two weeks ago, but this is maint not repair IMO.

But I have always taken great care of my stuff. I never bang it around, always inspecting and anytime I think I may have had something, called and got answers right away. One thing that I have NEVER done on either of my CB's is dry fire them. I think alot of people do it, just don't have the balls to admit it, then blame the bow for not working right. Just my opinion. I know one thing I wish Horton had was a forum, and people could get answers there. I am not saying anything bad about Excal, cause it will be my next bow, I want to try the no wheel concept. But sometimes I think the picture gets painted a little to rosie for them, go to there forum and you can read problems also about them too. I have a hard time believing someone takes two Horton's off the shelf and they are both broke before being shot. All there bows are shot before being sold.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hotburn: Re:I have a hard time believing someone takes two Horton's off the shelf and they are both broke before being shot. All there bows are shot before being sold.[sometimes even w/ arrows]

Believe it Bud!! When I met Randy at Bass-Pro in Mo. last spring, you would not believe the horror stories about the xbows out on the racks for the general public to maul and abuse. Bass-Pro had cable ties on nearly all as they would find them cocked ect back in the racks. I pity the folks who bought one of the display models. One of the 10 pts I shot that day had a dead battery in the red dot as some one had left it on, which is kinda understandable. Man, they had a slew of xbows on those racks, coulda spent a week playing there, lol.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:43 AM

Ya I know what ya mean Dan! When I was getting my Horton last year I seen a kid pick up a Matthews pull it back and dry fire it by accident, no one heard him some how but me. He just looked around put it back and split! And from what people say, mattes is top notch, but some went home with a surprise!
Old 10-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Spike

The two Horton's that I had were in the box. I put them together! Now the first I did the accident thing.... Might have caused the limb pockets to crack.. The two off the shelf had cable ties on them and they were cracked! I'm not saying that all Hortons are bad. I just had bad luck with the ones I got!
Old 10-17-2006, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

See my post.....