Community
Freshwater Fishing Discussion of all aspects of freshwater fishing.

Warranty Blues

Old 07-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Warranty Blues

Two months ago my wife told me to buy a new motor . Most of our local shops don't sell the small ones so I found a dealer 41 miles away that sold Nissans. Real nice fellow. The plasic on engine tank was cracked so to get me fishing he gave me a portable tank. Nice fellow...and said my tank should bein in 5 days...great. I gave him my 1000.00 for the motor which comes with a 3 year warranty. I'm all set right.??

Let's see. Two months later..Friday in fact I get called .Sorry friends but I'm venting here. I'll probably need to delete but here goes ..

Joe..Your tank is in.
C7 Great can I come down and have it put on..no I'm too busy call me Mon.
c7 Sir can I just pick it up and put it on myself
Joe Nope..warranty item
c7 ok

Monday
C7 Joe can I come on down
Joe yes
So I make th e41 mile drive.
c7 Hi Joe.
Joe...You need to slow your U)* when driving in here
c7 I was JOe...
Joe. no you weren't )*)*
c7. Gosh Joe What happened to my nice salesperson.
Joe..You are no longer a paying customer therefore paying customers are my prioriety.
Also..where is my portable tank.?I didn't give it to you it was a loan.
c7 Joe I thought you gave it to me .Write me out a billl and I will pay.
Are you a Christian sir?? I sure aint an Arab. Good I'm a Christian too and I try to do my job to th eglory of God.
Joe..By the way..most of your engine is not even on warranty..
c7 Oh really ....
Poor ole Joe forgot to hook up the fuel lines so while he is cussin ghe had to to the tank twice.
then he says ..Just keep the portable tank.
c7 I take my motor to my truck and say buy Joe....
Joe just closes the door.
Warranties stink man.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Warranty Blues

i hurd that that is life and it goes on hope you have a good day chuck
Old 07-25-2006, 04:06 PM

Yikes
Old 07-25-2006, 07:30 PM

Chuck I know what you mean. The other day I made what I see as a big purchase. I walked into the store and the guy behind the counter said ''Hay", and that was it. I tock it upon my self to ask how he was, his responce was "good", not good how are you, just good. When I asked him for some help he acted like it was the end of the world. I made my purchase and left, no thanks for comeing just the sound of the door closing as I walked out.

I work at a Hotel and I HATE it, but I never let any of the costomers know. People pay good money to stay here and I am not going to let my HATE for the job bring them down.It is not hard for me to be nice to people, maybe it is harder for some people.

It is funny that the guy said you are no longer apaying costomer, as far as he knows you could belooking fora new 200hp merc and a new boat next year.
Old 07-25-2006, 07:51 PM
Dominant Buck

as far as he knows you could belooking fora new 200hp merc and a new boat next year.Guss

You got that right. I've rebuilt 3 ..4 stroke gasoline engines myself. If something goes I'll probably either fix it myself or take it to a local shop. I would not trust this man to touch my engine. and yes...he lost a good customer. I was planning on updating in the future to a 14 foot boat and 15 horse engine. Our world is really going down the tubes. Nice people are rare and when I meet them I show them my appreciation and thank them for their kindness. They are a rare breed. I'm not thrilled about teaching either Guss but I go out of my way to show love to my students and their parents. Thanks for your kindness Guss. I love that first picture that you posted of your fish. Your eyes are full of life.
C7
Old 07-26-2006, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hope you got all of the warrunty in writing. If he wont make good on it, call an attourney and that'll scare some sense into him.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:49 PM
Dominant Buck

The warranty part is in the book.What scares me is him sabotaging my motor. I plan to take real good care of it so it won't need work. I've been reading up on the manual real good. Josh..how often should I change my gear lube...the kind that you squeeze in near the prop?
Is once a year good enough? I also know that when your done fishing for a few months to run every bit of gasoline out. It will laquer up.
C7
Old 07-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Up here if it is an inboard fuel tank we use stabil in the fuel tank,
and fog the carb.

A friend of mine in his eighties had a seventy horse motor with
oil injection and lost the middle cylinder three times. The first
time he had to pay for half the cost to a new block. The other
two times he had to pay all. The last time he had them take the
oil injection out and started mixing the fuel for it. No more
problems with now. So I am not sure how great these warranties
are.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:04 AM
Giant Nontypical

chuck, hate to here that man, it is really a sad state of affairs when a biz can treat customers the way some do, before i did anything else i would try to locate a factory rep. and tell them your story, i had to do this on a truck once, guy said he wouldn't do warranty work on my truck since i had bought it at another dealership, the factory guy called him back and informed him that he would do the work on my truck and that there dealership would supply me with a truck for a fishing tournament that i had comming up that w/e, there are always proper chanels to follow, also keep records of phone calls and e-mails sent, its hard for an abbritraition board to disputechronological record keeping, especially dated e-mail's
Old 07-27-2006, 03:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Funny!! I know a salesman named joe too did kinda of a similar deal to me. he acted as a best friend was awfull nice about everything seemed to be a super great fellow. said he'd have my manufactured home delivered and setup witin 90 days. I payed the man 90 days later no home on my lot so I called joe he said he's been real busy and needed another 90 day... to make a long story short finally 1 year and 3 months later my home was finally delivered and setup. its funny hows these jerks are.... once they have your money they feel they dont owe you a thing. to make things worse some things on the home were damaged during delivery and because they happened during delivery they arent covered by the warranty and to this day I now been living in the house for almost a year im still fighting with the dealer over getting the stuff fixed. just plain craziness i know your pain chuck7

Quick Reply: Warranty Blues

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.