Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 Murphy came fer a Visit! >

Murphy came fer a Visit!

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Murphy came fer a Visit!

Old 10-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Murphy came fer a Visit!

Yup he came this morning and it ruined my deer hunt. I gotstid down in woods and to climbing stand and went up tree. I was about 4' from my mark on tree fer heigth, when bottom parts foot strap pulled loose! []It fell several feet made a racket Davy Jones could hear not counting any deers! [&o]I had a safety rope on it and got it back up and i set it into tree trunk. [:-]I got settled in pulled CB up and put my arrow in it. I then put my quiver into its spot and it proceeded to just free falldown thru limbs and u would have thought a tree had up rooted and fell! [&o]Naw i didn't see any deers but it twas so nice in the woods. [:@]!
Old 10-06-2006, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Murphy came fer a Visit!

glad it was'nt you crashing to the ground. first few days out are always an adventure. takes me a few days before i feel like i'm blending into the woods.....hehe.[8D]
Old 10-06-2006, 10:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Smoke: you sure it was Murphy? Think he lives here and I didn't notice him gone none!
Old 10-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Yup the first few hunts seem like reminders of what to bring and what not to do. I can't tell you how many times I sat in front of some goose deeks and remembered that I didn't remember to buy a licence! LOL.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

awshucks, best i can recall those murphy's come a gross at a time. They be here n dare and all over da place. Causing untold grief fer all they came to visit![&o]
Old 10-06-2006, 12:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: smokepolehall

awshucks, best i can recall those murphy's come a gross at a time. They be here n dare and all over da place. Causing untold grief fer all they came to visit![&o]
Yeah, smoke, but I'm getting tired of them holding family reunions here all the time!
Old 10-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shucky durn an all this time they be telling me (be at least a company of them) were cousins. I jus don't knowed why i be so blessed!
Old 10-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Fork Horn

He (Murphy) came to visit me today but good.

Rain, wind, and cold this morning for our opener. I decided to go to a spot that I know well and hunted about 6 or 8 times last year. I know the area so well that I knew that my mini mag light would be plenty to get me in and set up. Well the woods is a bit thicker than the last time that I was in there and I couldn't find "my tree". So I decided to hang the stand in a spot that looked OK rather than miss first light and spook everything in the area by looking all over for "my tree". As soon as I hunt the stand (climber) I see "my tree" up higher on the hill so I walk over to confirm....not "my tree" but another around the tree might be it....no, how about this one. About this time I realize that I have wandered about 100 yards from where my stand and xbow are sitting. At this time Mr Murphy decides to blow the bulb in my mag light...no problem there is a spare in the base....nope already been used....SOL.

Now it's 15 minutes till first light and I have no light and am stumbling around in the dark looking for my stand and bow. SO as it's getting light enough to see I finaly find my stand and see "my tree" about 30 yards away. All set up and ready to go and only 20 minutes after shooting light.

Good thing I went to a spot that I know well or I may still be there.[:@]

Mitch