Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

decocking

Old 09-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Typical Buck

Default decocking

new to xbows and new to this forum....not new to bowhunting.seems like a good bunch of folks here who have a great pool of knowledge. i wanted to ask....can the bow be decocked using a rope cocker or a cranking device, or do you have to fire a bolt. thanks in advance. hi to all. can't wait.....new exocet should be here in a day oe two.
Old 09-16-2006, 11:23 AM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: decocking

I have a 175 lb exocet and I can easily decock it by hand(gloves are nice to wear). Using a rope is really easy as well. Many carry one or just a few arrows so there's room for a bent alunininininum arrow to shoot into the ground. I would not use a carbon for that though. Don't want any surprises!
BTW welcome to the forum. Just wait its your time in the barrel! LOL! and watch out for the Squirrel!

Old 09-16-2006, 01:36 PM
Fork Horn

The best safest way is to shot it. Safer for you and the bow.
Randy
Old 09-16-2006, 04:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

errgggg why is it that every timesomeone comes here its Watch out for the squirrel??? LOL! Thanks Dnk, welcome to the forums, i use carbons to uncock it because unlike Dnk i'm not a scardy cat
Old 09-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

i use carbons to uncock it because unlike Dnk i'm not a scardy cat
Ha Ha,

Don, you have your hands full
Old 09-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

errgggg why is it that every timesomeone comes here its Watch out for the squirrel??? LOL! Thanks Dnk, welcome to the forums, i use carbons to uncock it because unlike Dnk i'm not a scardy cat
Squirrel would you like me to send you an aluninum arrow? If you damage a carbon arrow badly and shoot it you maybe wishing you had armor and safety glasses.
Its watch out for The Squirrel because you are a force to be reckoned with! Remember the deer you killed without touching it?
Old 09-16-2006, 07:36 PM

With my old 150# super mag I used to just use my hand and let it down. With my supermax 175 that extra 25# makes alot if differance to me. One time it sliped out of my hand and was kinda like a half dry fire. I think I had it down enough to not cause any damage but it freaked me out. Now I always just shoot an alluminumarrow into the ground. I just have a nice soft spot picked out by the woods with no rocks and the arrow last all season. Also you should only have this problem while hunting because you should be at home or range and have a target.
Old 09-16-2006, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I always keep a bolt with a field point just for unloading into the ground. Watch out for those rocks!
Old 09-16-2006, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

i have an old aluminum i can shoot, but i'm not using the new ones i just got!
Old 09-16-2006, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

I gotta disagree.....by far the best way to decock is by shooting a broadhead thru both lungs of a monster buck.

Second best is shooting into soft ground.[:'(]

Mitch

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.