Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Ladder Stand

Old 08-17-2006, 08:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ladder Stand

Y'all should have seen the dancing among the trees. [:-]I bolted this 17 ft. tall 65 lb. monster together. []Then got it facing the tree right, and started lifting it up from seat end hand by hand down those rungs. We were all over that few feet of ground. []I struggled fer many minutes trying to get it up and up against tree. [8D]Fer a few minutes it was a toss up as to witch were going to win the dance contest. [:-]I finally got it in position and it were a very hairy climb up it to put ratchet binders on and it locked off. []Weren't no breeze but i were shaking like a leaf in a wind storm. [&o]Good thing i had already used bathroom prior to the go around! [:'(] Not bad fer a 56 year old fat man!
Old 08-17-2006, 10:14 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Ladder Stand

I have mine mounted on wheels!

Old 08-17-2006, 12:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still need to put up stands and clear shooting lanes[&o]
Old 08-17-2006, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

I don't like to be tied to one spot and don't have the money to buy a bunch of stands....and hunt public land, so it's climbers for me.

I will put my old heavy climber way back in (a couple of miles) and chain it a couple of days before the season opener. If someone wants to steal it they will need bolt cutters and half a day to hump it out[:@]. It goes about 45lbs I have a nice 17lb summit climber that I use 90% of the time.

Mitch
Old 08-17-2006, 02:29 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Ok Reb, now I've seen everything! How many horsepower in that tree stand of yours and is the A/C working? Does it have a head?
Old 08-17-2006, 03:04 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Ok Reb, now I've seen everything!
Nah, not really!
How many horsepower in that tree stand of yours
4.3 V6
is the A/C working?
Like a charm!
Does it have a head?
Any where I park or I have a camping toilet inside which I can take out and use. I have a cooler inside filled with drinks and food. I have a chainsaw with meinside. Anything I might need I have with me.
I have a fully cushioned officeswivel chair mounted in the center of the deck with wing nuts for quick removeable, which allows me to shoot 360*.
I have a High Band / Low Band cb radio up there.
When it starts to rain, I climb down and go inside.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:08 PM
Dominant Buck

Sometimes we take my buddies, depending on were we are going to hunt!

Old 08-17-2006, 03:23 PM

ORIGINAL: Dnk

Ok Reb, now I've seen everything!
Just goes to show ya you spoke to soon!! and I am sure by his last post he has alot more he could share!! You must remember, he hunts hogs with a knife!!!!!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 03:28 PM

Oh, I almost forgot the reason for the original post but I too just bought my second ladder stand but can't put it up till my dad gets back from prison ministry in brazil. It's twenty feet tall and when I tried to test it out in the back yard I got about half way up the rungs and the seat end came smashing donw and the feet end went up, like a good woman it's top heavy. Will need to have dad help hold the feet end to get it up.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:38 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Just goes to show ya you spoke to soon!! and I am sure by his last post he has alot more he could share!! You must remember, he hunts hogs with a knife!!!!!!!
Quit hunting hogs with dogs in 2000, but yes I have stuck many, many hogs with a knife while the dogs were holding it!

Quick Reply: Ladder Stand

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.