Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Crossbows
 New to crossbows >

New to crossbows

Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

New to crossbows

Old 07-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default New to crossbows

And new to the forum. I lurked for a couple of weeks deciding if I can fit in with ya nuts (no offense meant by calling a squirrel a nut) and decided to join the circus

Last year I used my OLD compound (Bear hunter....before cable guards) and harvested two does. This year I have a new Horton Legend HD 175 (yes, training wheels), and I am very happy with the speed and accuracy. There are still a few in my state (VA) that don't care for xbows, but they will have to get over it. I am still looking for a compound to hunt with also just because I enjoy shooting both.

Mitch

Old 07-25-2006, 09:38 PM

Default RE: New to crossbows

Welcome to the circus! Its all a good time in here! And its excellent to here ya have a horton!! Im sure the excal guys will love ya for it to! As far as a compound I think DNK is or main swinger when it comes to having two choices instead of oneLOL Anyways like I said welcome and enjoy!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:39 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

Welcome out of the closet and into the circus! No more lurking! LOL. Have fun and don't forget to laugh. Squirrel won't be offended, after all you are what you eat!
Thanks Jason, I'll take that as a condiment.
Old 07-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

good choice, i have a horton hunter 175 and a horton legend 150 and i forgot to tell everyone but i have a pse crossbow[:'(]that's why i bought a new onewelcome, be aware, you will have more than one crossbow eventually
Old 07-25-2006, 09:48 PM

Thanks DNK, It was ment in that weird circus kinda way! I look forward to the next pot stiring party, The PM's are kinda nice[8D]
Old 07-25-2006, 09:54 PM

Oh almost forgot Mitch. Don't worry about the tree rat taking offense, he's used to being a good whipping post lately. Just be carefull, sometimes he gets going so fast he starts eating his own nuts!!!!
Old 07-25-2006, 09:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

see that picture to your right baby? all i have to say is protect your nuts
Old 07-25-2006, 10:00 PM
Dnk
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hotburn76

Oh almost forgot Mitch. Don't worry about the tree rat taking offense, he's used to being a good whipping post lately. Just be carefull, sometimes he gets going so fast he starts eating his own nuts!!!!
Too funny!!!! Your good Jason!
Old 07-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: squirrelkilla23

see that picture to your right baby? all i have to say is protect your nuts
Hey Squirell, That would be your Left, unless our hanging upside down in a tree.
Randy
Old 07-25-2006, 10:31 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome to Crossbows,, and welcome to the wonderful and fun and nutty forum,, its a great place for getting info, and to have some fun

Quick Reply: New to crossbows

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.