Community
Crossbows This is the place to discuss hunting with crossbows and crossbow equipment. This is NOT a crossbow debate forum.

Accudraw System

Old 07-13-2006, 01:10 PM
Spike

Default Accudraw System

Hello everyone! I am a long time lurker but new poster. My question is about the accudraw system. My father is 70 years old and is interested in getting started with xbows. We have been looking at the major brands but we are intrigued by the accudraw system. There isn't a dealer near us to try it out but it seems like just the thing for an older hunter.

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-13-2006, 01:37 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Accudraw System

I contacted the DNR 2 years ago for my dad on this subject. Wisc. does not recognize the accudraw as legal. IT CANNOT BE CONSIDERED A XBOW BECAUSE OF THE DRAW LENGTH AND POUNDAGE,
Old 07-13-2006, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Basserman: I'm not sure I understand your post. Do you mean the acudraw is not legal in Wisc? And could you clarify the portion in caps while you're at it?? thanks!
Old 07-13-2006, 01:55 PM
Typical Buck

Well Im not sure what Basserman is talking about ,, but if you are talking about the TenPoint Accudraw cocking aid IMO it it the best cocking aid on the market today,, barr none ..

Basserman could you please clairify whay you are talking about??

I have it on My TenPoint ProElite and love it.. it is also on my dads TenPoint Elite Lite and if it was not for it he would not be able to shoot his crossbow he is 75 .. and enjoys his crossbow very much..
you would not regret getting your father a crossbow with the Accudraw on it.. because of its ease of use your father will use the crossbow and it will not end up stored in a vcloset because it is too hard or akward to cock..
where are you located if you contact 10pointcrossbow here on this forum I am sure he will locate a dealer the closest to you..

Old 07-13-2006, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Here are the regs for WI concerning crossbows.

• Crossbows are only allowed for resident hunters 65 yrs of age or older and
disabled hunters with a Class A, B, C, or crossbow permit. The crossbow
(including compound bows equipped with full draw-lock) must have a minimum
draw of 100 pounds, a working safety, and use at least 14-inch long bolts or
arrows equipped with broadheads (requires an archery license).
Randy
Old 07-13-2006, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Buffalo,
Where are you located?
The Acudraw is the perfect fit for a person up in age who can't cock the crossbow by hand. it takes the draw weight down to about 6 lbs.
You can check out the Acudrawon our website www.tenpointcrossbows.comor just ask away. I will be away from computers tomorrow and Saturday, but several other guys here also have experience with the Acudraw.
Thanks,
Randy
Old 07-13-2006, 02:34 PM
Dominant Buck

[align=center]
NEW! TenPoint® Pro Fusion Crossbow Packages[/align]

TenPoint Crossbows Exclusive ACU-Draw
Premier cocking mechanism reduces draw weight to about 5 lbs. when used manually. Cranks manually or powers up with a cordless screwdriver or drill (4.2 volts or more). Includes belt holder; weight: 1 lb. Available with indicated package only.

TenPoint's Pro Fusion features 175-lb. high-performance HL limb and bow assembly and a 5-lb. Roller Touch Trigger. Its zero power 40mm Quad II scope features four 20-, 30-, and 40-yard illuminated objective view selections in red and green, with a 7/8'' mounting system that requires no rings. Stock length: 37-1/4''; width: 25-3/8''. Weight: 8 lbs., 3 oz. Color: Realtree Hardwoods® HD™.

Package includes:

[ul][*]TenPoint Pro Fusion Crossbow[*]40mm Quad II scope[*]7/8'' mini fixed dovetail mount[*]Detachable Realtree Hardwoods HD camo 2/3 arrow quiver[*]3 Pro Elite carbon arrows[*]3 100-grain practice points[*]TenPoint staff shooter [/ul]
Old 07-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have one and have been using it for 14years with out a problem I had a handicap lic. in IL it only takes about6 or 8 pounds of pressure to turn the handle and it cocks the string so strait that it will shoot consistantly more accurate than any other system I tried [and I tried all the ones available at the time].I have had it since years before the co. changed their name to 10 point[ Used to be Hunter if I remember correctly. Just as a point of interest I am within a year of your dads age and will fill all my tags as usual before the gun hunters get a chance. Lee
Old 07-13-2006, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

isnt that a beautiful Crossbow thanks Reb..
Lemoyne which crossbow do you have it mounted on??
Old 07-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

It was orginally a Hunter model but I put the 185 [sent it in ] on it and it is very similar too the one in the pic. but heavier if I could afford it I would get one of the new lighter models. Lee

Quick Reply: Accudraw System

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.